Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 GT (no ABS) and my rear driver side wheel bearing went bad. I took it to my mechanic and he ordered 2 timken wheel hub and bearing assemblies (no ABS and ABS. the whole assembly was all thats in stock) and 1 off brand. The dealership wants 280 for the whole assembly and thats rediculous. The problem we had with all of them is that the wheel bearings measured 1 11/16th in. deep and mine is 1 13/16th in. deep. Does anyone know where I can find a wheel bearing that will actually fit, or even better the exact one? (i had just got done talking to autopartswarehouse.com and they don't have the correct one)

·
Registered
722 Posts
ebay for real, they are fine.

·
Always Here To Help
3,920 Posts
I agree..... I ordered my wheel bearings for my 04 Ranger off of ebay...... the entire assembly was $70 shipped for one. I've had them on for a month and I couldn't be happier, no annoying grinding/squeel noise anymore..... and I had a local shop put them on real quick (as I don't have a lift yet that is high enough for my truck). The D(St)ealership quoted me at $500 per wheel to replace my hub bearings in the front so $1000 for the set. Plus another $400 for a front brake rotor and pad change...... $1400! what a joke! I got on ebay, got some well recommended cross drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads, and a set of front OEM replacement wheel bearings for both of the fronts, and got it all installed, and the total was only $485!

Lets see, Ebay for rotors, pads, and 2 wheel hub bearings came out to $335 shipped. And install from a local mechanic shop cost $150. THAT IS ALMOST ONLY 1/4th the cost of the dealership.

·
Always Here To Help
3,920 Posts
Well only one of my fronts had a grinding when I decided to replace them both (the grinding wasn't horrible, but I just didn't want to deal with re-packing the bearing, so I replaced the entire assembly). My truck had 40K on it.... but being a truck it was through the mud and dirt and snow and salt and stuff.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I bought an inexpensive one for my passenger side rear wheel, and it made a constant noise a couple years after installation. I bought another genuine Hyundai hub from lowsonoma1999 and have been very happy with that one. I don't remember the price I paid but if I were you I'd check with him to get an idea how much you'd pay before ordering anything off ebay. Just my $.02.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered two different ones for my wifes car and both were the wrong size and would not tighten up enough. I finally just ordered from the parts guy here in Indy. I plan on installing tomorrow. Hopefully they will fit. I had to give the vin to get the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 GT (no ABS) and my rear driver side wheel bearing went bad. I took it to my mechanic and he ordered 2 timken wheel hub and bearing assemblies (no ABS and ABS. the whole assembly was all thats in stock) and 1 off brand. The dealership wants 280 for the whole assembly and thats rediculous. The problem we had with all of them is that the wheel bearings measured 1 11/16th in. deep and mine is 1 13/16th in. deep. Does anyone know where I can find a wheel bearing that will actually fit, or even better the exact one? (i had just got done talking to autopartswarehouse.com and they don't have the correct one)
So does this make your steering wheel jump/vibrate while driving this is the problem I have w my 07 Tiburon but it shakes so bad when I hit 60<

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
So does this make your steering wheel jump/vibrate while driving this is the problem I have w my 07 Tiburon but it shakes so bad when I hit 60<
This thread is 10 years old. Search around before bumping old threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts