Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to get plain black wheel caps?....or white?

i'm gonna powdercoat my stock 17's flat black....and i want either a black wheel cap or white wheel cap on them..instead of the hytundai one.....??

thanks

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NE one?

or does anyone know how to paint the stock ones black or white?...because the cap has a lens over it...feels sorta like plastic/rubber.....and the hyundai logo is there too..

·
Registered
914 Posts
yea i would be interested too. but i have aftermarket rims and my emblems look crappy now.
i got the original Hyundai ones hoping they would fit but they dont. I'll throw them in the mail if you want to experiment with them. just pm me address.

The cap and the H logo cover are 2 pcs. glued together. you can separate them, sand the pc, prime and paint.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mdoggytib said:
yea i would be interested too. but i have aftermarket rims and my emblems look crappy now.
i got the original Hyundai ones hoping they would fit but they dont. I'll throw them in the mail if you want to experiment with them. just pm me address.

The cap and the H logo cover are 2 pcs. glued together. you can separate them, sand the pc, prime and paint.
pm SENT...THANKS

whats the bottom piece uinder the hyundai lens made out of?..is it paintable?...

·
Registered
914 Posts
yes, it is a hard grey plastic.
i do not know how resessed they will be with out the H, but at least you can practice and try.
think i have more then 4. i will let you know.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont want to mess one up....if he sends me some...i might try it on one of mine..

i dunno how far in its gonna be though if i peel the h off.....i'm gonna go check

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks staw.....im gonna go check pretty soon

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im powdercoating the wheels gunmetal for like 99 per wheel or something

the wheel caps is what im painting white or black,.,,,,..

i might just get new rims though.......we'll see the money situation

u can get them powdercoated for like 400 total.....or you can powdercoat them yourself...not sure how..u need to buy the stuff

or you could sand and spray paint with automotive paint..... :3_smile:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey SeedWeed,
found them, got 5. (I have the special GT 5-wheeled Tib ). but I cant find the one I had that was
already in 2 pcs. to show you. they pop in two pretty easy just liek straw said.
I will put them out today.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mdoggytib said:
Hey SeedWeed,
found them, got 5. (I have the special GT 5-wheeled Tib ). but I cant find the one I had that was
already in 2 pcs. to show you. they pop in two pretty easy just liek straw said.
I will put them out today.
thanks man....i really appreciate it!...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts