Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I did a search and could only find answers for people specific problems. I need my wheel offset numbers. . those three numbers. .. . I found a set of rims I want and the bolt partten lines up but my boyfriend yelled at me before I bought them cuz I didn't check this out! I know he's right I just can't find the answer. . help?!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks gamz you rock! Feel kinda dopey for having in my front of my face practically. . looking in the wrong spot . .. durf!!! Anyways Congrats on getting moderator!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Thanks!

As for the bolt pattern, it's 5-114.3

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think I should go with 17"'s or 18"s? had 17"'s on my last car and wanted to go bigger. . But I'm afraid it'll look tacky. . .

·
5,714 Posts
I've got 17s and honestly, I think they look kinda small.

18s I think would be perfect.
Personally though, I wouldn't go bigger than 18s.

What have you got on your Tib right now?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the stock ones on. .. . I thought I had made up my mind but I keeps seeing different rims I'd love to have. I'm not sure if I should go black or go chrome or both?!?!? I've always had dakr colored cars and had "sliver" rims. . this time I want the chrome look but I bought a white car!! lol I knowit still flows but I have like super dark tint windows and I sort of wanted the whole white and black thing going. I was going to buy something like konig unknowns but I can already feel the heat of the flames for just mentioning it! lol Thing is they really arent' over played by me cuz nobody has them. . I'd be the first really. . . .

·
5,714 Posts
Well, I'm personally not a fan of any Konig wheel, but that's just me :)

I think a black/gunmetal wheel with a chrome lip (kind of like mine) would look really nice on a silver Tib, although you'll get just as many people flame because 'everyone has that kind of rim'.

If you're going with a silver/black theme on your Tib, then a nice chrome/black rim would be perfect. In that case, the Troubles or Unknowns would be good choices.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I loved the rims on my last car. . .I got so many compliments and they were so simple yet very good on the car. . . .They looked exactly like these. . and since these are chome . . well . . I think I'm in love! haha

·
5,714 Posts
Kitsune said:
I loved the rims on my last car. . .I got so many compliments and they were so simple yet very good on the car. . . .They looked exactly like these. . and since these are chome . . well . . I think I'm in love! haha

A little too blingy for my tastes, but if you love em, buy em! :3_nosthum :3_bier:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was also thinking these. . .. ..

they were actually my first choice

·
5,714 Posts
Kitsune said:
I was also thinking these. . .. ..

they were actually my first choice

Now those would really suit your car I think.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mean it's also what I can afford you know. . I'm a broke college kids with a big taste for mods. . . I curbedthe appeitite cuz I knew i was going to sell my last car so i didn't spend to much . . but now that i have the tib it's uncontrolable! haha

Also they offer them with tires but I'm sure they are ******. . . would it be in my best interestto buy them without andthen get my own? I want falkens cuz thats what my bf has and I like the feel. . . but I think I'll be eating the cost on install and balance no?!?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also wanted something that. . "spins nice" lol if you know what I mean?!? I'm so picky I know. . part of being a woman! ha yea but I honestly wish I could see these freakin rims in motion. . .

·
5,714 Posts
Kitsune said:
I mean it's also what I can afford you know. . I'm a broke college kids with a big taste for mods. . . I curbedthe appeitite cuz I knew i was going to sell my last car so i didn't spend to much . . but now that i have the tib it's uncontrolable! haha

Also they offer them with tires but I'm sure they are ******. . . would it be in my best interestto buy them without andthen get my own? I want falkens cuz thats what my bf has and I like the feel. . . but I think I'll be eating the cost on install and balance no?!?
What's the cost of those wheels with tires, and the tire's specs?

As for a nice wheel that 'spins', get small spokes or fewer spokes. Then when you're moving, all you really see is the rotor and caliper -- sexy :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no idea. . wheelsnext.com sucks. . they don't tell me the tire . . only that it comes with four mounted and balanced. . . . for 849?!?!?

heres the link.. .. . I dunno if these will fit though either/!? sorry a bit clueless on the numbers. . .

http://wheelsnext.com/default.cfm?action=dspWheel&MODEL=ENVY%20%28MACHINED%20FACE%29&color=BLACK%20(MACHINED%20FACE)

·
5,714 Posts
OK, you'll need 5-114.3 bolt pattern (5 holes).

The 18" tires they have are : 225/40/18

225/40/18
The 225 indicates this tire is 225 millimeters across from the widest point of its outer sidewall to the widest point of its inner sidewall when mounted and measured on a specified width wheel.

225/40/18
The 40 indicates that this tire size's sidewall height (from rim to tread) is 40% of its section width. The measurement is the tire's section height, and also referred to as the tire's series, profile or aspect ratio

225/40/18
The 18 indicates the tire and wheel diameter designed to be matched together (ie: 18" wheels)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok looks like a fit then! :3_nosthum

Now for tires. . .

·
Banned
434 Posts
call them and ask them and they will have to tell you what tire it comes with. you should also be able to upgrade to better tires, obviously you will pay the difference in price between their standard package tires and the ones you want to upgrade too though. 18s will look ok on the tib, thats what i have but it depends on what you want them for,

Now that i am getting into some HPDE events i wish i had gone with 17s. tires for 17s will also be cheaper when you need to replace them.

Personally I wouldnt touch those or any other chrome wheels. Those espically because they look too much like the stock 17" wheels for my liking.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
perhaps they are a bit "blingy" as gamz put it. . . now that I think of it . .. it might be a bad idea to put such flashy rims on my car. . . .I already draw enough attention and have enough to worry about. . . I do like the others though and I know the ultimate say is up to me so maybe I'll take a few flames and get those cuz I do really like them. . .and in the end thats all that really matters!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts