Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
You most likely need an alignment.

Or could be something as simple as a bent rim.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Or you might just need your tires rebalanced.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
^yup! thats what i was gonnna say.... I would start there because it is the easiest and cheapest one lol

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
^^^ Ditto. First get the wheels/tire rebalanced and checked to see of any are bent. If that doesn't solve the problem, then get a 4-wheel alignment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have aftermarket rims? I had my steering wheel shake like crazy over 60mph then i went on this forum and they told me to get something called hub concentric rings, so i got those and put them on and havent had a problem since

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah sounds like you could have all of the above problems, and none of that is covered under warranty (unless you can prove that it is a part that malfunctioned) i wouldnt take it to the dealer as you will pay a lot more for getting that type of stuff checked out, well maybe get a price qoute from them at least they dont charge for that.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
90% likely to be a simple wheel balancing problem. Just go to a tire shop and ask for your wheels to be balanced. You might want them to add the wheel weights that stick on in the inside of the wheel if you don't want your rims to get scratched.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got a new tire put on a few weeks ago. They rotated them all so I figured they'd balance them too? I might need the alignment, it has 20,000 miles and i've never had one yet. All I know is it's a pretty bad shake, its almost hard to grip onto when i'm on the parkway.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Its possible they didn't balance the new tire/wheel. You should just go back there and tell them it shakes really hard at 60+ and ask them to check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts