Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I noticed that my tib did the same thing a month ago when I put my catback system on. A buddy of mine said he thought it was because I drove my car too hard and that my clutch was starting to mess up. I am rarely hard on my car, and my clutch was replaced just before I bought my car. It's a mystery to me.

· Registered
18 Posts
Imagine this: Fill up a bowl with water and stir it vigorously with a spoon.....this is like 80/90 in your trans when it's warm.
Now, fill up the same bowl with Jell-O, stir vigorously, the bowl will begin to spin on the counter. This is the 80/90 cold.
Even with the oil warm, it could still happen due to a lack of friction in your gearbox. Just an unintentional viscous coupling.

Don't fret, it's a good thing.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imagine this: Fill up a bowl with water and stir it vigorously with a spoon.....this is like 80/90 in your trans when it's warm.
Now, fill up the same bowl with Jell-O, stir vigorously, the bowl will begin to spin on the counter. This is the 80/90 cold.
Even with the oil warm, it could still happen due to a lack of friction in your gearbox. Just an unintentional viscous coupling.

Don't fret, it's a good thing.
Thank u:3_coool:

· Registered
662 Posts
yeah, this is normal. almost all vehicles do it. nothing to worry about at all. there is still enough friction in the tranny even in neutral to move the tires a little bit. it doesn't do it on the pavement cause then you have the weight of the car on the tires.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
it's interesting, never knew that was possible!

· Registered
349 Posts
My motorcycle does the same thing when its not in gear and i have it up on the stands. Its nothing to be concerned about

· Registered
2,318 Posts
your car is going to blow up. you need to take it to the dealer right now and have that checked out. Look at me im a tiburon expert dont listen to these newbs with 20 posts.

· Registered
413 Posts
your car is going to blow up. you need to take it to the dealer right now and have that checked out. Look at me im a tiburon expert dont listen to these newbs with 20 posts.
Thats just mean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.