Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I'm new to tiburon world now. Just bought a 07 se and I'm loving it.
What would be a clean fitment with 19's, width tire size, offset?
19x8.5 5x114.3 45mm would this be a good fit, if so what size tire should go with?
I'm also thinking of putting on bc coilover
Or what type of coilovers would be best?
Idk much about all, im basically a beginner on it all.
Thanks

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
Welcome to NT......
I
What is your goal?
Stance
Road race
AutoX

A quick search yields a whole stickie of rims/tire sizes that work stock or various fender mods....done over decades for just your question......

List your goal, then we can decide.......just a good DD cheap....few hundred US.....full on track days deep pockets......whole different list......
Give us info, we give our opinion.....You decide.......

Reactions: Tiburonse7

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi everyone, I'm new to tiburon world now. Just bought a 07 se and I'm loving it.
What would be a clean fitment with 19's, width tire size, offset?
19x8.5 5x114.3 45mm would this be a good fit, if so what size tire should go with
Idk much about all, im basically a beginner on it all.
Thanks
Welcome to NT......
I
What is your goal?
Stance
Road race
AutoX

A quick search yields a whole stickie of rims/tire sizes that work stock or various fender mods....done over decades for just your question......

List your goal, then we can decide.......just a good DD cheap....few hundred US.....full on track days deep pockets......whole different list......
Give us info, we give our opinion.....You decide.......

I guess you can say I'm looking for stance and some power
I just want looks, so like, body kits or just flares. Wheels I don't want to go to wide just something simple
Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm new to it all

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
What I wanted to link before is in the suspension section......stickie......"rims and tire sizes that fit"
Struts.....KYB GR-2/Excell, maybe some lowering springs....I suggest NOT Racelands.....
Power......good tuneup......power to weight is medium in a V6 Tib.....learn to carry speed on road course....deep pockets if stop light wars.....

Speed is money, how fast do you want to go?

Fast, cheap, reliable......pick 2..... goes with almost any platform/engine......

Doing this for about 40 years.....basic stuff......spent stupid money here and there trying to disprove either rule of thumb....

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed wise I'm not trying to go all out, just maybe up to 200hp or so.

If i was to get coilovers would that be ok? Or go with lowering springs instead?
From looking at other vehicles and how they sit, I started liking a flush look, idk if that made sense.
I appreciate your help, this is making me think about more things

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
coilovers are adjustable, which is nice to have. but they are noisy unless you get the type with rubber bushing top hats, which trades off handling sharpness.

eh.... take a look at BC coilovers and ceika.

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coilovers are adjustable, which is nice to have. but they are noisy unless you get the type with rubber bushing top hats, which trades off handling sharpness.

eh.... take a look at BC coilovers and ceika.
I was thinking bc's I like and heard good reviews. Wish I learned about all these when I was younger, would be easier
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts