Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to figure out where the problem could be for this water leak in my passenger side floor? this only happens when it rains... can someone help me out on what i can do to fix this problem for my tiburon 2003? thank you...

·
Registered
867 Posts
triope178 said:
i am trying to figure out where the problem could be for this water leak in my passenger side floor? this only happens when it rains... can someone help me out on what i can do to fix this problem for my tiburon 2003? thank you...
Do You have a roof on your car? Sarcasm aside, if it is the passenger side floor it could be 2 things I suppose. A hole in your floor so the tire is kicking water up, or your window is leaking., If it is your floor I would think you would need to have it welded but I dont know why it would be rusted out already

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem if you have a sunroof that is the problem. There was something wrong with the sealing and it leaked though the crack down the jams of my doors and it make the floor board soaked. If your car is under warrenty the dealership should take car of it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think i may know the answer, but youll want to try a few things first. First thing youll want to try is sitting in your car, and having someone outside spraying your windshield with a hose. This way you can check for bad seals, or leaks in your windshield.

If thats not the case, and its only on your passenger side, its not your sunroof (if you have one). It's gotta be your A/C box. I had this issue with the Pontiac Grand Prix i had a few years back. The AC box has a filter as well, and much like your regular air box, it has a top on it. Well, my car was bought used, and apparently some misc. work had been done to it. The top had fallen off and landed in a little void sandwiched near the firewall.

In order to get to it, I had to open up that plastic cover where my wiper blades were attatched. If this is the case, you may want to replace that filter, and when you put the top back on, just as insurance to prevent it from "falling off", (this is what i did) Use some of that silicone shower sealer (like around grout & stuff) and go around the edge of the top. It can be messy, but you can find some thats black so it doesnt show much, and if you need to get back in there, silicone is easy enough to cut through.

Hope that helps!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Put a towel on the floor. Problem solved!

lol jp man.. try that air box thing- it looks like your problem.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have this problem too and havnt solved it yet. THough it doesnt seem to happen when it rains but when i go through a power wash. I have no sunroof. I found that it was leaking through the bottom of the kick pannel speaker cover.... I did have a custom alarm installed and they took off the door pannels for some work. there is a seal kinda like trash bag material that goes between the inner and outer door pannel. I think this might be the problem and if it ever warms up here im going to take the door pannel off and see if that material has been damaged. Just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts