Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your tires? I get mine from a local shop, but I thought about getting them elsewhere, if I can get a better price.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Tirerack.com, then bring them to one of the local tire shops do the installation.

Only problem is if you can't get to the tire store ASAP after they're delivered, you have to keep them in the house or the trunk of the car and they kinda smell up the house/car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've purchased through Tirerack.com as well, many times actually, and the service has always been superior. If you do order online though, be sure your mechanic/tire store isn't going to have issues installing them. I've had local companies try to rip me off on the install because I didn't buy the tires from them. I also had a local company blatantly tell me to "F*** off" because I didn't purchase the tires from them, of course you can't expect much credibility from people who install tires for a living.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Claff said:
Tirerack.com, then bring them to one of the local tire shops do the installation.

Only problem is if you can't get to the tire store ASAP after they're delivered, you have to keep them in the house or the trunk of the car and they kinda smell up the house/car.
overpriced....? my local shop beats their prices all the time, but its an independent...

idk if these places are around in other states, but Town Fair Tire in Waterbury CT is by far the worst tire shop ive ever visited. horrible service. i was off to buy some winter tires last year and the guy on the phone quoted me one price on one item and hung up on me. nice job! obviously didnt want my money.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Tirerack or Discount Tire....
If you go to your local discount tire, they'll match any online prices that you may find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i got mine from Bigwheelz.com when BigH was still around here, Otherwise i just haggle with the local shops until one gives me the best price

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discount tires kinda iffy. There are good ones, and bad ones. My local discount tire is a bunch of kids who scratch rims. And when I mentioned an online price that was $10 cheaper per tire, they asked me why I came in to their store in the first place. Total jerks.

I have always prefered the local privately owned shops. They can usually order quickly what they don't have in stock for a decent price. And they do a good job.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Frankly I've never compared prices when ordering through tirerack.com - the only tires I've gotten through them was a set of Kuhmos for the old Sonata and they were $40 each... maybe I could have gotten them cheaper around town but for that little money (compared to $125/per for the OEM Michelins) I was willing to take a chance.

Their site has a list of recommended installers that you can search for by zip code. It found 14 within 15 miles of my zip code - not hard considering we're in strip-mall-a-rama. Found three within 10 miles of piddly little Dalton, MA so you'd have to try hard to find an area where there won't be any recommended installers within a reasonable drive.

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/index.jsp

·
Registered
962 Posts
Town fair tire in RI is where I have been before and I have had good luck with them but each shop is different.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discount tire,,,otherwise,,Kauffman if I have to

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discounttiredirect.com then take them to the local discount tire location. It is cheaper online, no tax, and free shipping. They will beat Tire Rack if you give them the price. Discounttiredirect.com is usually cheaper then the companies own discounttire.com so becareful and compare first. The local store does not hassle you if you by them this way.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Be careful with tirerack.com. They sent me some bad tires and now I'm having a Hell of a time getting a refund....

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Tirerack.com
Tires.com

If I could find even a reasonable source to buy them locally I would, I like supporting my local economy. However with tires I cannot justify playing $50.00 more per tire than getting from from one of these websites. I get them with free shipping and put them on down the block at a local shop. You can also have them shipped to the shops direct and go there when they are in and they will install them.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I have a wholesaler... I paid $150 for 4 blizaks, and I paid $72 each I think for my Falcons... not always able to hook me up but when they do.. its SWEET!

·
Registered
972 Posts
i bout mine from a local shop.. they messed up on the price and i got mine for like 50 bucks cheaper per tire LOL ..

for the mathamaticly inclined... thats 200 bucks haha

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discount tire has always had competitive prices and great custumer service. :3_nosthum

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Doesn't get any better than Edge Racing, best prices I could find. And if I have found a lower one they'll beat it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts