Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recently changed my spark plugs, oil, fluid and i purchased a new fuel filter for the car but i dont know where to find the filter to swap it out.

2003 GT V6

any help would be wonderful

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and that would be?

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I thought it was located behind the SEARCH button?

(Actually, yes, the fuel filter is located on the electric fuel pump, inside the tank, accessed via a small plate under the rear seat.)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
actually... the manual is just a suggested time... like your timing belt or surpintine belt... its a wear and tear part... it goes when it goes... that is just a safe time to do it, that way you're being proactive and not breaking down from them going and leaving you stranded

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
NovaResource said:

(Actually, yes, the fuel filter is located on the electric fuel pump, inside the tank, accessed via a small plate under the rear seat.)
hahahahhahaha

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NovaResource said:

Search button.... hmmmmmmmm .Why didnt i think of that!...

Why the hell would they put it there. that is just a pain in the a$$ they couldnt leave it out side the tank

Talk about ways of trying to make money on labor.

Thanks for the info

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Why the hell would they put it there. that is just a pain in the a$$ they couldnt leave it out side the tank

Talk about ways of trying to make money on labor.
inside the tank for a reason the gas helps cool it
Yep, the fuel cools the pump. That's why it's not good to let the fuel get too low in the tank because it will cause the pump to run hot and die quicker.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Trust me it works lol. If you let it go to low you also pick up the crud that settled on the bottom of your tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, thought maybe my fuel filter was plugged. Getting no gas into the pressure regulator on the injector rail, but I could still here the pump running when the key was in the on position. So I removed the back seat and pulled out the pump and where exactly is the filter? When I disconnect the hoses leaving the electrical plugged in and the pump in the tank and turn the key on no gas comes out of the pump. Is the filter the little pouch on the bottom inside the pump canister? Where is the filter????

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Anyone got a part number? They gave me one that looks totally different, and it looks like it would never fit on the bottom of the fuel pump, inside the assy. housing.

Here's what the dealer insisted that an 2003 Tib V6 takes, after quadruple checking with them, and mentioning the filter bag:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts