Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,729 Posts
Are you looking for something specific? How much are you looking to spend. Plugs you can get at Candian Tire. They carry almost everything. Wires you may need to order depending on what you want to get and how much you want to spend.

· Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm with Dom. Plug can get very expensive very quick. If the CEL didn't come back on it may have just been an anomily. Your CEL is part of your OBD II system that detects problems with the car. You can look it up on Google or howstuffworks.com if you want to know more. In short, the CEL won't turn off even if the problem is gone until the code is cleared. Once it's cleared, it won't come back on until another problem arises, even if it's the same as before. What kind of milage does yrou car have? It seems to me a little early to be changing ignition wires.

· Registered
1,729 Posts
I suppose it's about time for plugs but your wires should be fine.
Your CEL stays on until it's cleared. Once it's cleared, if the same thing happens again, it'll come back on. So it means you haven't had the misfire or whatever it was since.

· Registered
1,729 Posts
alexlacelle said:
Thanks for the info. Light came back on today. I'm gonna spring for plugs since their not too expensive, and see what happens from there... Thanks for all the info
Sounds like a good place to start. Just make sure you get the gap right or you could end up in more trouble then you started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.