Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recieved a Sirius radio and can't wait to install it. However, I was thinking about molding the Sirius radio right under the aftermarket h/u I am about to buy to replace my stock system. The Sirius radio is a Starmate 4 system, any suggestions on where else to mount it? Any pics? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I changed up what I was searching for and found a couple pics and a bunch of them were down, any other suggestions...........

·
Registered
530 Posts
jayman089 said:
I changed up what I was searching for and found a couple pics and a bunch of them were down, any other suggestions...........
Return it quick and get XM! Hehe. j/k.

·
Registered
530 Posts
jayman089 said:
Ok, any constructive suggestions? jk
I don't know Sirius models off hand or I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
well i have an clarion head unit with integrated siruis so i have the reciver box behind the dash, but as far as the little sirius antenna, i have mine sitting in front of the passenger side a-pillar up on the dash. i just fed the wire behind the glovebox and it gets great reception. our front window is angled enough so that thier is nothing in the way of a clear signal and it works just as well as sticking it on the roof or whatever. hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The starmate 4 usually comes with the suction cup mount... I install them all day everyday at Best Buy and I stick the suction cup to the left side of the steering column as low as possible to give clear view of the screen still... the wires... you just have to feed behind the dash and around where ever is out of sight and possible step areas. Mount the antenna where you want... they just can't be under your roof or dash... as long as sunlight can hit it... I'm sure it will get reception. Cool? :)
Later.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Roost3r said:
Return it quick and get XM! Hehe. j/k.

Now why would you want to downgrade to XM? :D

I mounted my Starmate Replay with a Pro-Fit bracket I got from Crutchfield. I think they're about 30 bucks and it looks pretty good

And yeah, as others have said, the antenna is fine on the dash. I've done 3 cars like that, my Tib, a Sonata and a Focus and they all work fine with the antenna up there.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about mounting the sirius faceplate thingy under my aftermarket head unit where the stereo install thing would go. Like where the open little compartment is when you install an aftermarket head unit

·
Registered
530 Posts
yg17 said:
Now why would you want to downgrade to XM? :D

I mounted my Starmate Replay with a Pro-Fit bracket I got from Crutchfield. I think they're about 30 bucks and it looks pretty good

And yeah, as others have said, the antenna is fine on the dash. I've done 3 cars like that, my Tib, a Sonata and a Focus and they all work fine with the antenna up there.
Good point! Sirius = if you really miss the 80's and the days when Howard Stern was funny and relevant. Now he is just a lazy billionaire. I was his biggest fan till 1999 or so, then he just got dead boring. But hey.. if you miss those days, Sirius is the unit for you! Hahah j/k. But seriously, if you are getting Sirius for howard, check out XM's Opie & Anthony (202 The Virus). Far funnier, rivaling they heydays of Howard's best material.

·
Registered
5 Posts
dandantiburonman said:
The starmate 4 usually comes with the suction cup mount... I install them all day everyday at Best Buy and I stick the suction cup to the left side of the steering column as low as possible to give clear view of the screen still... the wires... you just have to feed behind the dash and around where ever is out of sight and possible step areas. Mount the antenna where you want... they just can't be under your roof or dash... as long as sunlight can hit it... I'm sure it will get reception. Cool? :)
Later.
Hi guys... first post here. I'm in the same boat as jayman089 - I just got a Sirius receiver and have been contemplating where to install it. I'm currently just using the suction cup on the windshield, but I'd like to have it below the stereo - or dandantiburonman's suggestion sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out. Do you happen to have any pics of what it looks like mounted on the left side of the steering column?

Thanks

·
Banned
173 Posts
put it in the sunglass holder its trick and out of the way plus its less for a potential thief to see and try to get to

·
Registered
5 Posts
ruckus6931 said:
put it in the sunglass holder its trick and out of the way plus its less for a potential thief to see and try to get to
I was actually going to do that, but unfortunately the receiver is just a bit too big.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Jebus said:
I was actually going to do that, but unfortunately the receiver is just a bit too big.
A Sirius receiver big? You don't say! You need a F-350 to be able to carry one of those damn things!

(Ok i'm done Sirius bashing)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my Sirius sportster 4 installed last week, just got time to snap a few shots of it. When I first wired it up I had used the suction cups, but I really didn't like on the windshield. So I decided that I would move my head unit to the lower half and have the Sirius on the top, well it took me a while to finally get it the way I wanted. I made my own mounting brackets using some old erector set pieces that I have and they worked quite well. I still have to fix some things with it, the sat radio is a little crooked and the headunit is not as clean looking as I want it to look, but for the first try I don’t think it's to bad. Here a few pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts