Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if all this car where the same price which 1 would u get including the tibby....and why?
1.Civic si 2006
2.tibby
3.scion tc
4.rsx type s
5.cobalt ss sc

:3_nosthum im going with tibby all the way

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
tibbyman99 said:
if all this car where the same price which 1 would u get including the tibby....and why?
1.Civic si 2006
2.tibby
3.scion tc
4.rsx type s
5.cobalt ss sc

2006 SI or RSX type S

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
civic si- its a civic, need i say more
scion- way to many of them on the road
rsx s- decent car, no torque, not that great looking
cobalt ss- rice wing, not that great looking

Tibby ftw!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
tibbyman99 said:
1.Civic si 2006
2.tibby
3.scion tc
4.rsx type s
5.cobalt ss sc

i might get the scion tc b/c more and more ppl are getting Tibs. and i have yet to see a scion in my area. I got the Tib b/c it was one of a kind at the time.

But i still love my Tib.

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
If the Si was out when I got my TIb I would have gone with it instead, but since I bought my Tib in 04 and obviously the 06 Si was not out. Go with the SI

·
Registered
551 Posts
staw512 said:
civic si- its a civic, need i say more
scion- way to many of them on the road
rsx s- decent car, no torque, not that great looking
cobalt ss- rice wing, not that great looking

Tibby ftw!!!
Agreed with you until the Cobalt SS.I like the looks of the balt.It would be close between the tib and the balt.The Cobalt has more power and factory upgrades for the s/c and all that jazz.Problem is with the upgrades,there is little to no warranty with them.The Tib is less powerful but if you want to spend the loot,you can get a nice NGM set-up (v6 of course0 or turbo from alpine for the 4 banger.Also,say bye bye to the warranty either way.So it's up to you,but I would say the tib if you plan on F/I

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea to me the tibby because of its looks.....its not the most powerfullest car....is that even a word....enyways...but it sure does turn heads...also u could make it pretty quick with a supercharger....and the # 1 reason i would get the tibby is because is a chick magnet...lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
TidalWaveTiburon said:
If the Si was out when I got my TIb I would have gone with it instead, but since I bought my Tib in 04 and obviously the 06 Si was not out. Go with the SI
I'm with you. I got my Tib in 04 and at the time it was the best thing in the price range IMO. The other cars at the time were the Sentra Spec V (didn't like the looks), Mazdaspeed Protege (didn't like the looks), Civic Si (The hatch version), 2.5RS (eh...) and the tC (If they had one in stock with the options I liked maybe it woulda been this).

Anyways if they were all the same price right now I'd do the RSX-S, Civic Si, Tibby/tC, Cobalt in that order.

The RSX and Si might be torqueless but can gain so much from mods. Lighter then the Tib, handle better then the Tib; only thing they lack vs the Tib is maybe looks (opinion) and torque (but that's why we have mods :))

As for the Civic Si being just a Civic, it's like people saying the Tibby is just a Hyundai.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
tibbyman99 said:
yea to me the tibby because of its looks.....its not the most powerfullest car....is that even a word....enyways...but it sure does turn heads...also u could make it pretty quick with a supercharger....and the # 1 reason i would get the tibby is because is a chick magnet...lol
powerfullest is a word in my dictionary and ya our cars are enormous chick magnets. a kid at my school has a scion and its slow. The rsx is nice but it would have to be the type s.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
RD tibby and boost

·
Registered
547 Posts
Tibby all the way

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would go for the cobalt or the tib... my friend has the cobalt ss, and its pretty quick, and the interior looks okay, although very very cheap materials. He's already had to get the leather side panel inserts replaced b/c they were coming undone, and the shift knob fixed. The scion is slow, unless you go f/i, and the inside is retarded cheap... cheap dash, cheap seats, cheap everything. The civic is nice as far as performance, but I'm not too fond of the look. The RSX, its the last year, and I'd rather wait to see what replaces it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
type S or tibby
i dont like the way the new civics look
i dont like american cars
and well i like the tc but i wouldnt buy it

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would get RSX type S or Tibby

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hey you forget the non-acr srt-4 is in the price range. So if it were the srt-4, Si, cobalt ss/sc, tibby, scion, or type- s I'd have to go in the following order: SRT-4, Cobalt, Tib, ITR DC5, k20 Si,tC

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea i did forfet the srt4 there cool im just not diging the shiftknob and wheels...what i do love on the srt4 is the turbo......but i will still get the tibby...for some reason i love the car its not that fast as the type s or civic si but what can i say girls love it..............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts