Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing my research on complete catback exhaust for my Tib and I just dont know what brand to go with. So so many choices. I know that i dont want a bumble bee sound, but deep, throaty and noticably loud. but i also want descent hp gain. i think that i have narrowed it down to Mussa, GReddy, and DC, but dont know for sure. Any other information on any other exhaust would help also. Probably just paying for the name, but what is recommended?
Also, anybody know where to purchase a complete exhaust for less than $500 or $600?

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
also keep in mind that DC is an under axle exhaust. I believe the Greddy & Mussa exhausts are over. Over-axle creates some additional back pressure, which will be good if your gettin a S/C or Turbo, but for NA, under will generally be better.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
^^^?
I'm s/c'd, and I don't want more back pressure.

Under the axle's fine for FI. It'll increase your hp as it allows exhaust gases to flow without as much restriction. I have the DC exhaust, as does tibby03. We can both attest to the difference between the under the axle and over.

·
Registered
486 Posts
hp gains will be similar with any exhaust. not enough of a difference in power to notice something when driving, and only about +/- 3-5 hp on the dyno.
personally, i got the SSA cat-back, and i'm going to get the SSA headers this month. I'm going to put a hi-flow cat. in to take out the rasp... I also wanted a loud and nice sounding exhaust for a great value... I was thinking about getting DC headers, but I've heard about people having more issues with that system than the SSAs (in relation to CELs after the install). If i don't like the sound, I'll get a new cat-back system later-on, but I love the SSA cat-back, so I'm sure the headers will be nice too.

and i think the biggest concern in realtion to over or under axle is more related to lowering your car than anything else. I eventually want to get coil-overs so i opted for over-axle.

·
Registered
191 Posts
anyone have a clip of DC exhaust? Im ordering mine tonmorrow hopefully. depending on if my paypal gets confirmed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats why you went with the ARK? I hear good things about the DC as far as sound goes and youre the first person thats told me abot the resonator rusting. I do live in Chicago, but the winters have been mild the last few years, so salt and etc shouldnt be too much of a problem. Also, my Tib is garage kept year round. The price Im getting it is $625 shipped new in the box.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i like my DC exhaust, no rust yet on my car or the car it came off of. I have never heard the exhaust without headers and no cat though so i cant give u much opinion on the sound.

As far as the headers, i have no CEL's, no fitment issues and no need to extend any o2 wires as other have had to with diffrent headers. That isnt to say there are not issues with the DC or any other header manufactured. When u assembly line produce things sometimes u get a bad one, look at all the early tibs with clutch failure and then look at all the ones with no clutch failure... u have a few bad apples with any manufacture, the ones with the fewest stay in business the longest

·
Registered
175 Posts
the dc headers were awsome no complaints there the exhaust is something else its loud alittle too loud and the resonator is liek a couple inches off the ground so it always hitt **** speed bumps etc with my ark i have had no problems and it sounds way better the flanges on the dc rusted in about a mounth and it was summer when i had it on my car its winter now i have had my ark for a mounth and wont part with it .

Ark dual burn tip FTW!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
SONIC33 said:
the dc headers were awsome no complaints there the exhaust is something else its loud alittle too loud and the resonator is liek a couple inches off the ground so it always hitt **** speed bumps etc with my ark i have had no problems and it sounds way better the flanges on the dc rusted in about a mounth and it was summer when i had it on my car its winter now i have had my ark for a mounth and wont part with it .

Ark dual burn tip FTW!!!!!!!!!
Where did you buy your DC exhaust from? I am getting mine off of ebay. The seller has 5,100 transactions with a 98.8% positive feedback score. Maybe you bought a knockoff? The flanges rusting in the summer sounds really bizarre to me.
05Tib said:
i like my DC exhaust, no rust yet on my car or the car it came off of. I have never heard the exhaust without headers and no cat though so i cant give u much opinion on the sound.

Do you have similar problems like Sonic did? ]

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i have had no issues but tomorrow after work i will slide up under the tib to check on the flanges... that way i can give u an exact answer but last time i changed my oil no rust was there. i have heard u have to grease them up to keep from rusting but like i said, seen none yet. as far as ground clearance... no issues. the pipes go under ur axles yes but its connected to ur car... when ur tires go over a speed bump picking the car up the exhaust goes with it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts