Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lookin to get a good performance clutch for my 03 tib gt and i am lookin for some suggestions on which one to go with. the only mod i have done is an AEM CAI. i'm goin to be takin the check valve out of the slave cylinder shortly as well. any suggestions on what clutch would be a good one to go with?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a South Bend OFE (stage 3) Clutch in mine when I still had it. Clutch felt just like stock and was going to be able to handle anything I threw at it. I also had the Fidanza lightweight flywheel with it (bought it from South Bend also for the cheapest price I could find anywhere)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have a brand new aluminum flywheel that i bought but it was the wrong one for my car and the dealer refused to take it back. i bought it for $479 but will sell it for $300 or you can make an offer on it. An aluminum flywheel made a HUGE difference in my car. they usually increase the horsepower by at least 15 and my car acually got 2mpg better on gas after i had one installed. here are the specs for the one i have:

FIDANZA 193361 ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL 99-03 HYUNDAI TIBURON

*Object in picture may not reflet aftual product for your vehicle

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL PART # MSRP
1999-2003 HYUNDAI TIBURON 2.7L (5SP UP TO 3/03 / 6SP FROM 2/03)
193361 $479.00

Fidanza aluminum flywheels are made from the highest quality 6061 T6 aluminum. It's the optimal material for strength, heat dissipation, and weight reduction. The friction surface used is an incredibly strong 1050 steel. The plates are milled to precise specifications and can mate with any type of clutch material including organic, Kevlar, ceramic, metallic and sintered iron. The friction surface insert is attached to the flywheel using military grade aerospace fasteners. The ring gears are also made from 1050 steel and are heat treated for durability. The gears are first heated then pressed on and secured with grade 8 button screws. Fidanza was the first to utilize a stepped dowel system in most flywheel applications. This doweling method ensures that once the pressure plate is installed the dowels cannot be removed because they become locked into place. Fidanza designs and builds flywheels with extreme precision, offering tuners, racers and builders the high performance and unmatched power they're seeking.

Key Features:
6061 T6 BILLET ALUMINUM
GRADE 10 AEROSPACE FASTENERS
EXCLUSIVE STEPPED DOWELS
REPLACABLE 1050 STEEL FRICTION SURFACE
1050 HARDEND RING GEAR
CNC MACHINED AT CONSTANT SURFACE SPEED

I know it fits some newer years as well. check with your dealer or call fidanza. email me here or at [email protected] if interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts