Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I see there are 2 diff models for the 03 and up. 193361 and the 19361. Ive been researching online and I am finding numerous answers. I have a 05 tiburon and want to know which one I need for my car!! Thanks! :3_nosthum

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey...I was just researching this same issue myself!!
From what I've seen, the following is the rule:
Part Number 193361: 5 Speed to 3/03 / 6 Speed to 01-03
Part Number 193461: 5 Speed from 4/03 / 6 Speed from 02-03

So that means that you would need part number 193461. My 2003 Tiburon was manuf. in Oct. 2002, so I need part # 193361. Good luck! Out of curiosity, what clutch are you getting?

-Scott

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Um ................The early model part # is wrong GT.......get the other part # number 193461...The depth of the starter ring is incorrect on the earlier version ...I know , I went through this...My production date is the same as yours...same part # works on yours Krisy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GT03TibCM said:
Hey...I was just researching this same issue myself!!
From what I've seen, the following is the rule:
Part Number 193361: 5 Speed to 3/03 / 6 Speed to 01-03
Part Number 193461: 5 Speed from 4/03 / 6 Speed from 02-03

So that means that you would need part number 193461. My 2003 Tiburon was manuf. in Oct. 2002, so I need part # 193361. Good luck! Out of curiosity, what clutch are you getting?

-Scott
rats, i have the 193361, and im going with a centerforce clutch anyone need this flywheel!?!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FstrTib said:
Um ................The early model part # is wrong GT.......get the other part # number 193461...The depth of the starter ring is incorrect on the earlier version ...I know , I went through this...My production date is the same as yours...same part # works on yours Krisy
so then i gotta get a new one lol dang it! anyone know of someone who needs this?!! haha

·
Registered
92 Posts
FstrTib said:
So, then the part #193461 is applicable for all 03-up V6 tiburons?

Thanks..

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GT03TibCM said:
So, then the part #193461 is applicable for all 03-up V6 tiburons?

Thanks..
only those which were made in april of 03 and up v6 yep

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well according to FstrTib's post, even those made in '02 will use the same part number...I'm confused!! :2_questio

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
GT03TibCM said:
Well according to FstrTib's post, even those made in '02 will use the same part number...I'm confused!! :2_questio
It's more than likely that the HY3 flywheel never fit into any tiburon, and it was a mistake on Fidanza's part. For there to actually be two different flywheels that fit the tib the crankshaft and starter would also have to be different, not just the flywheel. The crank and starter are the same on all V6 tibs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My tuscani v6 is made in october 2002 which is the part number of fidanza flywheel? Who is the best shop for shoping? excuse my english, is very bad.
Thanks

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
In order to use the earlier version .....I had to cut out the trans spacer where the starter bolts up....It works .....but, I would'nt recomend it....just use the other flywheel....it works on all 6speed Tibs, even from 10/02 pro date on up

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
FstrTib said:
In order to use the earlier version .....I had to cut out the trans spacer where the starter bolts up....It works .....but, I would'nt recomend it....just use the other flywheel....it works on all 6speed Tibs, even from 10/02 pro date on up
Mine was built in Nov. of 01 and I bet mine even uses the newer HY5. I have both flywheels so I know one of them is going to fit.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
LOL.......yeah , ones gonna fit .........when ya pull your stock one out compare the height of the ring with both and you'll see what I mean .........And yeah krisy ,yer gonna want the other flywheel......So my offer still stands if want to get rid of it...I already modified my trans for the one you've got

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Ya know what..I just thought of something........Krisy , you can probably call Ultrarev, and tell them you got the wrong application, and they might trade it out for you...if you pay the shipping......Go to Ultrarev.com for the #.....try that and see what happens :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hm alright if i dont sell by the weekend its yours 200 + shipping? it shouldnt be too much

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Cool .keep me posted , but that should work, i think they'll do that for ya :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
FstrTib said:

Ah, see here's the kicker, are you talking ONLY about 6-speed Tiburons? Or is it the same deal for 5-speeds. I have a 5-speed V6 :)

I spoke with Fidanza and they sent me a tech document which basically just told me that I'm SOL and have to wait until I remove the old flywheel to determine which one I need. Now my question is...what else is different besides the flywheel?? There must be something that keeps you from just installing either flywheel...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pretty much one is closer to the block and the other isnt, thats it. there is a paper that came with the flywheel that tells ya that and the years that you need to have.

yes its for 5spd and 6spd

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm still confused maybe someone can answer

I have a 2003 V6 Six Speed SE manufactured 11/01

1 - 20 of 28 Posts