Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order SSA headers, but all my friends were shitting on me for wanting them because they all had SSA and found them to crack after a short period of time. I found the KRD headers and the shark racing headers, but I dont want to buy a cheap quality product. I can get DC headers on ebay for about $450 shipped. Are theyre any other headers anyone knows of I can get for cheaper?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
DC headers you can get cheaper from KJB for $425 shipped. The KRD's are ssa's but the quality is not bad. The metal used is stainless but is thin while the dc's are a mild steel probably thicker metal plus ceramic coated.The best probably available are the hotshots but are more expensive.
I got the ssa's for the price because the dc's you need to cut into the ceramic coating the throw on a cat and the hotshot's you need to lengthen your one of your o2 sensors to reach the bung. The ssa's i hear have a buzz but im gonna throw on a highflow cat and I have a borla exhaust so I think Ill be ok but ill let you know. As far as the ssa's quality goes Ive heard good things for the tib and negative things for other makes. If you wanna wait ill let you know in a few weeks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I had evofusion/sharkracing/krd, and they were perfectly fine. Never cracked. Some small fitment issues, but not bad product overall.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just buy the KRD's the price is right, and a shop cant paint them for ya if you want. I gave mine to the shop i am renting a rack from to go over them and paint them and what not. It'll cost a couple bucks but the shop is killer when it comes to stainless steel.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant beat the price on the KRDs. $287 shipped. Im just worried about sound with a DC exhaust and how well they will hold up to boost when I go F/I next year hopefully. Let me know how installation is on those GDL. Also, what kind of problems did you run into DarkSoul?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
SSA doesnt have the best reputation with some other products. But their headers for the Tiburon are fine, you can buy them without worry.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll keep you posted on the install. I'm doing it monday since that is the only day off I have from school and work. Yay for national holidays. 40 hour checks are nice but gawd I hate working 5 days and going to school the other two.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SSA is a company that makes exhaust and headers for our cars and many other cars. KRD is basically SSA as far as the headers go.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Like they weren't direct bolt on so i had to like take a hammer and dent them. and some other stuff. i dont really remember. intsall was like almost 3 years ago,lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
go Dc's man, who wants cats anyways?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im gonna go DC if I can get my uncle to borrow me $200 bucks. If hes hesitant Ill just tell him, "hey, better than the $2000 I was asking for, right?"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts