Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a V6 6spd and i wanna supercharge it. Ive used the search button and havent found the answers im lookin for.

1. who makes a good reliable kit that can be used as a daily driver? I know the ripp will give me problems but which will not?
2. do i need to switch internals if im only running low boost for now?
3. what are the prices on these kits? ive checked ngm website but i cant click on any of the links?
4. which kits are a complete package? (ie. fuel tuner,etc.)
5. which type of chargers work better on our cars? i know there are 2 or 3 diff types of chargers.

thanks to anyone who gives me feedback.

·
Registered
867 Posts
1. who makes a good reliable kit that can be used as a daily driver? I know the ripp will give me problems but which will not?
RIPP is only bad if you are not properly tuned. Generally people that want safeness just go with the alpine kit.

2. do i need to switch internals if im only running low boost for now?
No, not on low boost.

3. what are the prices on these kits? ive checked ngm website but i cant click on any of the links?
Yes, their site will be up after NASA and Microsoft are done space testing it.

4. which kits are a complete package? (ie. fuel tuner,etc.)
I couldnt give you a sure answer on that.

5. which type of chargers work better on our cars? i know there are 2 or 3 diff types of chargers.
There are what? Roots style blower, SDS, and turbo. SDS makes the best power I think, although the new assasin has put out some nice numbers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so what are my options as far as kits and prices?
i know there are dry kits, wet kits, pump kits, and the kits that look like a turbo. i know a dry kit is non lubricated and the wet kit is. but which is best for our cars?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i think you're talking about a nitro kits, not superchargers... dry and wet...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read some info about superchargers and they said there is a dry and wet kit meaning the dry kit is not lubricated just air driven and there is a wet kit that is lubricated by fuel. i know about turbos but not superchargers and thats what i pulled off the net.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Roots blowers have oil in them that requires changing from time to time. Centrifugal chargers available for our car are oiled constantly with engine oil via feed and return lines (like the turbo's available for our car).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Grasshopper. Are you real sure about the Roots S/C needing the oil changed from time to time? If thats a fact it must be after 100,00 miles or so. Maybe i'am wrong.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
lol maybe he should look it up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
slackazzmouser said:
ok so what are my options as far as kits and prices?
i know there are dry kits, wet kits, pump kits, and the kits that look like a turbo. i know a dry kit is non lubricated and the wet kit is. but which is best for our cars?

If you act now you will save hundreds of dollars. Here is the link.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87874

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
tiburondriver47 said:
Grasshopper. Are you real sure about the Roots S/C needing the oil changed from time to time? If thats a fact it must be after 100,00 miles or so. Maybe i'am wrong.
This is all I can tell you my friend. I don't own it so I am not sure. All I remember is when I had a thunderbird supercoupe with a roots blower, I had to change the oil on it. Here is one link for you.
http://newtiburon.com/forums/showth...ght=change+supercharger+oil+alpine#post682139

If I am wrong, i apologize...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Any supercharger can have your choice of fuel tuner added (mafterburner, alpine chip, SAFC, etc.) I've got an alpine stage 1 blower, but preferred the mafterburner with six 290cc injectors for tuning. You can get a an Alpine stage 2 with a 7th injector and a chip in a kit. NGM has the Sniper and the Assassin which have lot of potential for hp, and I'm sure TC can throw together a complete kit.

Figure out what kind of perfomance (whp) your looking for, and research the available products.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Damn, you are in luck right now. For the next 2 weeks NGM is having a sale on 2 of the best forced inducton systems on the market. Check out the NGM furom for more info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts