Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock setup is 23mm front & 19mm rear.

I autocross, and would love to help eliminate this understeer, and to be able to keep the rear traction.

Which one, how much does it run, and what size are they? How big should I go? 22mm?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
My last GK was an 03 GTV6 USP2 and i used a Progress 22mm rear sway on the stiffest setting (along with Eibach sportline springs) in which i achieved near neutral handling balance. Tip-off oversteer mid corner was simple, predictable and controlable and minimal to no understeer when entering a corner, hi-speed. Great stuff, easy mod and cheap (around 140 bucks). Just make sure you lube up the urethane bar mount bushings VERY WELL when installing or else after a while, every bump will sound like your having sex on a squeaky bed.

Unfortunately i traded that GK in for my 04 SE. I think the dampening is softer in the 04 GT's and SE's. Just seems softer. I hate it, but of course i'll be re-doing the suspension again. Hope the info helped.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i should be running a group buy soon on the progress. PM for info.

Ark is also running a special.

22 is all anyone makes. even eibach's setup is 22 rear.

i own the progress and its awesome

RRM makes one (identical to progress) and so does whiteline (i think).

they are all 22mm. regardless get it, they are awesome

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I just bought the ark and installed it this weekend.... and absolutely love it.
I took and off ramp at 65 and scared the crap out of a guy when I put my car sideways behind him at the stop sign :)
It will tighten up the backend so it stops rolling and start moving as one piece. So awesome. If you like corners, this is probably the best mod anyone here can recommend.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
wallytiburon said:
I just bought the ark and installed it this weekend.... and absolutely love it.
I took and off ramp at 65 and scared the crap out of a guy when I put my car sideways behind him at the stop sign :)
It will tighten up the backend so it stops rolling and start moving as one piece. So awesome. If you like corners, this is probably the best mod anyone here can recommend.
WOW.. .. Slow down Wally...

YEP.. ARK made a Excellent Sway Bar ... But Service is great too.. lol !!
If you're searching for Sway bar... come see us at www.arkspeedracing.com It is good to know all the brand compare before you make a choice ... And the Price & Quality , Service !!

We guarantee all !! :3_yes: ARK'er

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone (namely Progress) make a poly bushing for Progress' bar that doesn't squeak to hell? I've lubed and re-lubed that thing several times and it just starts squeaking like crazy after a month or two. Sounds really nice when you have someone in the car and the radio off (for some crazy reason)..............

Performance is great though.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
If you ask me a sway bar is a sway bar whether its from progress or ark or rrm, etc. Ark speed prices seem to be on the high side. $199 for the bar + $25 shipping? I ordered my progress unit from RRM for $150 shipped. No it wasn't red and pretty but hell, it's under the damn car!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Koreandude said:
If you ask me a sway bar is a sway bar whether its from progress or ark or rrm, etc. Ark speed prices seem to be on the high side. $199 for the bar + $25 shipping? I ordered my progress unit from RRM for $150 shipped. No it wasn't red and pretty but hell, it's under the damn car!
We have GB price for 125.00 + S/H ... Always search price before make a fnal decisions...

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
also...you have to realize the better materials and better forming...i don't know how progress does their's but ark does it this way:

Heavy Duty 6150 Moly Steel Anti-Sway Bars are Hot-Formed and Heat-Treated for Maximum Strength and Durability.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
emcee said:
Anyone (namely Progress) make a poly bushing for Progress' bar that doesn't squeak to hell? I've lubed and re-lubed that thing several times and it just starts squeaking like crazy after a month or two. Sounds really nice when you have someone in the car and the radio off (for some crazy reason)..............

Performance is great though.
The Progress sway bar I think comes with 2 poly bushings. I used Mobile 1 Synthetic grease on mine instead of the stuff that came with the Progress bar. Also, there might be a dry spot on the bushings. Mine haven't squeaked since I regreased them with the synthetic.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
kikassboy said:
also...you have to realize the better materials and better forming...i don't know how progress does their's but ark does it this way:
Meh, sounds like an overexplanation of simple processes (i.e. marketing jargon).

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Whiteline makes a rear.
Eibach makes front and rear.
RRM/ Progress make a rear.
ARK makes a rear.

That's four rear, 1 front. Whether the front is necessary is a moot point. Just listing for everyone's sake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My last GK was an 03 GTV6 USP2 and i used a Progress 22mm rear sway on the stiffest setting (along with Eibach sportline springs) in which i achieved near neutral handling balance. Tip-off oversteer mid corner was simple, predictable and controlable and minimal to no understeer when entering a corner, hi-speed. Great stuff, easy mod and cheap (around 140 bucks). Just make sure you lube up the urethane bar mount bushings VERY WELL when installing or else after a while, every bump will sound like your having sex on a squeaky bed.

Unfortunately i traded that GK in for my 04 SE. I think the dampening is softer in the 04 GT's and SE's. Just seems softer. I hate it, but of course i'll be re-doing the suspension again. Hope the info helped.

what is the part number sir and where would i be able to find one?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
what is the part number sir and where would i be able to find one?
You gotta stop bumping old threads to ask questions to dead members. Click on his username--last seen in 2013.

Back when I had my 05 Tib there were a few options and I went with Eibach, but they were a little hard to find even back then. I think these days you're going to be looking for a used one, so put a thread in the parts wanted section if you want, check Facebook groups etc. Eibach, Progress, Ultra Racing, ARK, RRM, etc. I don't think any of them makes them brand new anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts