Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Which System Upgrade Vent Ring Set from SFR should I get?

• SFR USA

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • SFR Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 tib with the silver/brushed aluminum interior accenting and I'm trying to decide on which System Upgrade vent ring set to purchase. The first set is available on the SFR USA site and the second set on the SFR Korea site. I haven't seen either of these in person so I'm unsure of how they're going to look.

I've previously taught English in Korea so to save the shipping charges, I'm having one of my previous students pick it up for me. The price of these vent rings is quite high so this helps me to justify my purchase. I just need to tell her the set I want before she arrives in two weeks.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Get the american site ones. They look really good! GK27V6 has them IIRC.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like it's unanimous for SFR USA. Does anyone know where I could get the System Upgrade temp dials to match this set?

·
Super Moderator
4,695 Posts
Get the american site ones. They look really good! GK27V6 has them IIRC.
Actually nope I have different ones. The System Upgrade ones from what I can tell look to have a chrome-like finish, whereas mine are aluminum (less shiney). Mine are from Metallix Racing, and IMO look a million times better because they match the FL metallic accents (such as center fascia) very well. Unless you love the chrome, which is fine, I'd recommend the Metallix since they have this OEM-look to them (in a good way, like they're meant to be there) and feel solid. I bought them off ARK: http://www.arkspeedracing.com/03_05_HY_Tiburon_Interior_Accent_Vent_Ring_Set_5_p/vr0700-0305b.htm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually nope I have different ones. The System Upgrade ones from what I can tell look to have a chrome-like finish, whereas mine are aluminum (less shiney). Mine are from Metallix Racing, and IMO look a million times better because they match the FL metallic accents (such as center fascia) very well. Unless you love the chrome, which is fine, I'd recommend the Metallix since they have this OEM-look to them (in a good way, like they're meant to be there) and feel solid. I bought them off ARK: http://www.arkspeedracing.com/03_05_HY_Tiburon_Interior_Accent_Vent_Ring_Set_5_p/vr0700-0305b.htm
Thanks for the link! Those look pretty nice and the price is actually a little less than the system upgrade product. I would like an aluminum finish that is similar to my pedals and tuscani door sills. Do the Ark vent rings have a similar finish to those or are they really dulled aluminum?

·
Super Moderator
4,695 Posts
Thanks for the link! Those look pretty nice and the price is actually a little less than the system upgrade product. I would like an aluminum finish that is similar to my pedals and tuscani door sills. Do the Ark vent rings have a similar finish to those or are they really dulled aluminum?
No problem! I wouldn't say the aluminum is dulled, and I think they fit the pedals quite well. I'll post up a pic of my interior as soon as I snap a pic

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem! I wouldn't say the aluminum is dulled, and I think they fit the pedals quite well. I'll post up a pic of my interior as soon as I snap a pic
That would be great! I'm curious to see how the Ark rings actually look installed. Do you have the Ark temp dials as well?

·
Super Moderator
4,695 Posts
That would be great! I'm curious to see how the Ark rings actually look installed. Do you have the Ark temp dials as well?
Sorry for long delay..
anyway nope I don't have the dials, but here are some pics (hopefully not too late):
pics were taken on iPhone btw so sorry they're not the greatest

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts