Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know im gettin aem cai and prolly dc sports headers and i dont know if i should get aem exhaust or borla??? i need help

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you are getting i/h/e, get all three at the same time or intake and exhaust first, then headers if you are buying them seperately. As for what brand exhaust its all opinion. Borla is a nice system.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
DC exhaust!

·
Registered
273 Posts
They all have a particular sound of their own. I personally have a Borla catback and love the sound of it when you're trying to put your foot thru the floor but it mellows out at speed and doesn't sound too tinny sounding. I'm sure the others sound good also. You'd have to ride in a few Tibs with different ones to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
where u located? find some tibs around and go for a ride

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well like already stated all exhausts have different sounds. Most people agree that Injen or Borla are the quietest. If you are doing headers then i think a quieter exhaust is best, since the headers will louden up the car a lot.
Ken

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
05Tib said:
where u located? find some tibs around and go for a ride
im in douglasville georgia all the tibs i see r all stock and *** i4 i rarely see the v6 like mine lol

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Dude ditch the DC headers and buy KRD's from importshark. You will save some cash and then you can afford a SFR exhaust system. But noise wise go injen.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Ditch the DC headers???????? Whatever GDL. Young jus go through the threads and you'll see the responses and there's a price thread in here also on all the exhaust systems, I'm gonna be coming out there in june this year , visit the inlaws an stuff . I'm gonna be driving my Tib and of course I'm gonna hit Bandamere speedway if ya want I'll show ya what $17K in mods does down the track, I used to live in Wesminister , but the inlaws are in Thorton ,Northglenn area...... If ya need any help with installs they have DIY threads in here too :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nate said:
im in douglasville georgia all the tibs i see r all stock and *** i4 i rarely see the v6 like mine lol
my man PM me, we can set up a time and u can ride in mine. Mods are in the sig

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've been thru Douglasville. When the Worlds Fair was being held in LA, my dad, his wife, and me were on some back road in Douglasville, GA looking for some hotel when a local cop with no lights going 80+ mph t-boned us and totalled my dads nearly new 1983 Toyota Supra at 2AM. We never made it to the fair.

Nice town!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yeah, Cold Air Intake....AEM......... or......... Injen SRI with AEM dryflow filter.
Exhaust before headers - Choose one, they all net the same gains more or less. ARK is Very Nice!
Headers - Hotshots hands down if ya got that kinda cash to spend.

Strut bars, STS (if it's a stick), Pulleys

Just start with the basics I/H/E

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn that sux *** i would ****in kill that cop lol

SuperSaiyan said:
I've been thru Douglasville. When the Worlds Fair was being held in LA, my dad, his wife, and me were on some back road in Douglasville, GA looking for some hotel when a local cop with no lights going 80+ mph t-boned us and totalled my dads nearly new 1983 Toyota Supra at 2AM. We never made it to the fair.

Nice town!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts