Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this may be a stupid question, but does anyone know of any whit ena dblack Racing seats besides Momo Speed 2 Racing Seats, going to be re-doing the entire interior to match black and white scheme but seems hard to find parts. Has anyone done the LED conversion for their dash to white?

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Don't know of any other white racing seats, but here is a few warnings before installing a set:

- You'll need to fabricate brackets to bolt them in (or pay through the nose for aftermarket brackets)
- You'll need racing harnesses, since the seatbelt receiver is attached to the stock seats. You'll also need points to attach the harnesses, which would probably include welding a floor bar.
- You'll get an airbag light on your console.

As for the LED conversion, check the DIY section, there's a thread on it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fabricating the bar and the welding is easy, have a shop for that. more worried about the DIY converting to white. seen alot of BLUE not many other colors though.

The Momo Speed 2 Racing Seats are the only white reclining seats that i could locate. Was hoping for a choice.......

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Shift21 said:
Fabricating the bar and the welding is easy, have a shop for that. more worried about the DIY converting to white. seen alot of BLUE not many other colors though.

The Momo Speed 2 Racing Seats are the only white reclining seats that i could locate. Was hoping for a choice.......
The LED conversion is the same, no matter what color they are.

As for seats, a simple Google search revealed these:

Modacar
Netami
Number One

etc, etc

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Gamz said:
Don't know of any other white racing seats, but here is a few warnings before installing a set:

- You'll need to fabricate brackets to bolt them in (or pay through the nose for aftermarket brackets)
- You'll need racing harnesses, since the seatbelt receiver is attached to the stock seats. You'll also need points to attach the harnesses, which would probably include welding a floor bar.
- You'll get an airbag light on your console.

As for the LED conversion, check the DIY section, there's a thread on it.

Actually.....

Yes, the brackets will cost around $600 for everything
the seatbelt reciever will still work if you choose to use that. You have to attack the reciever end to the seat bracket.
You can find one of the couple harness bars floating around if you are luck. otherwise you will have to have one fabricated.
To get rid of the airbag light, first unhook your airbag from in the center console (near the base of the shifter). Then unhook the battery to reset the ECU.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i looked at this guys on ebay. wasn't to sure if it was legit for the price.

To get rid of the airbag light, first unhook your airbag from in the center console (near the base of the shifter). Then unhook the battery to reset the ECU.
the air bag light comes on after removing the seats? well looks liek this is gonna be more fun then i thought :)

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Yeah. It usually does. But the steps I described is what I did, and bye-bye airbag light

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Gotta love this $h*t :)

can anyone who has done the LED conversion tell me how the smt come out / go in.

btw love the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts