Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok i try to talk to my dealer again and ask what he can do, and talk to the other guys to get a proof on paper.

YES, if somebody know something about a recall please post it!!

thanks

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,096 Posts
Don't the European cars use EOBD?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don't the European cars use EOBD?
OBDII, EOBD, what you call it, that's not the problem !

All the scanners, even those of the dealers, doesn't work with our 2002 tibs !!! That's the first major problem !

The second one is that the dealers and Hyundai are pretending they don't know about it and simply put the problem on a bad ECU, which must be paid by the owner !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
OBDII, EOBD, what you call it, that's not the problem !

All the scanners, even those of the dealers, doesn't work with our 2002 tibs !!! That's the first major problem !

The second one is that the dealers and Hyundai are pretending they don't know about it and simply put the problem on a bad ECU, which must be paid by the owner !!!
So there is no reviering, moding existing OBD connector, we should buy new ecu? lol, nice.. any way, if u will contact hyundai europe about this, take my name too, im from croatia, just tell me what u need VIN or anything else.

i will test my tb today on ELM and soft that should work..

just tried it.. it wont work. no recognition of elm what so ever.. dam shame..

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just wondering if any of you found a solution to this issue. I have a 2003 Tib manufactured in 2002. I had the recall done which wires pin 4 and 5 together, however my scan tool (http://www.canobd2.com/Products/ToolDetail.aspx?Id=CB7C2BBEB04949E2806F4C3A344975F2) still doesn't work. It's frustrating because the scanner works in every other car I've tried, just not my car, which is what I bought it for in the first place.

Anyway, I know it's an old post, but just thought I would see if anyone found a solution, seems like the problem is only really with the really early 3rd gen tibs.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just wondering if any of you found a solution to this issue.
Yes, i have, at last, found the solution ! :3_yes:

You just have to wire the K line directly from the ECU to the scanner. From factory, the signal is not going directly, it's going through bcm and i think it's stopped there on 2002 GK with imobilizer.

You have to crimp a wire from the ECU harness. It's C133-1 (black plug with eight wires coming in it) pin 3 (color of the wire is green). Then you have to solder the other side of the wire directly on the pin 7 of the obd port. Thus, the signal going from the ECU to the obd port will not go through BCM and immobilizer, and your scanner will now find he ECU !

Rep, please, i think this will make a lot of 2002 GK owners happy.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just out of curiosity. Do any of you know how the Hi-Scan Pro that the dealer uses works. Does this not rely on the K-Line? I ask because I know the dealer is able to scan codes from my car using the Hi-Scan Pro.

Elricdelyon, I know you mentioned that even the dealers scanner wouldn't work on your car so just thinking maybe our issues are different.

dmdicks, did you have the recall that connects pin 4 and 5 together done? Does your car have an immobilizer? Just asking to see if maybe the Elm327 would work for me, as I see from the posts that it worked for some, but not for others.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just out of curiosity. Do any of you know how the Hi-Scan Pro that the dealer uses works. Does this not rely on the K-Line? I ask because I know the dealer is able to scan codes from my car using the Hi-Scan Pro.

Elricdelyon, I know you mentioned that even the dealers scanner wouldn't work on your car so just thinking maybe our issues are different.

dmdicks, did you have the recall that connects pin 4 and 5 together done? Does your car have an immobilizer? Just asking to see if maybe the Elm327 would work for me, as I see from the posts that it worked for some, but not for others.

Thanks again guys.
I think our issues are the same, just try, easy fix.

I have an elm327 and scanXL didn't work for me.

Some of my friends with 2002 have had their car scanned successfully with the high scan pro, but aftermarket scanners didn't work. On mine, the high scan pro didn't work, but my dealer is a dickhead and i'm sure he didn't do it correctly.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm thinking your right. One last question, are your car's V6's or I4's?

Just curious as I was looking at the shop manual, and it looks like the immobilizer setup is different on the I4 verses V6. I4 has K-Line connected directly to OBD port, while V6 has K-Line going into BCM as you indicated, and there is a switch in their which then sends it to the OBD port, I'm thinking for some reason that switch isn't closing.

Thinking maybe the people who've got the Elm327 to work are I4's??

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm thinking your right. One last question, are your car's V6's or I4's?

Just curious as I was looking at the shop manual, and it looks like the immobilizer setup is different on the I4 verses V6. I4 has K-Line connected directly to OBD port, while V6 has K-Line going into BCM as you indicated, and there is a switch in their which then sends it to the OBD port, I'm thinking for some reason that switch isn't closing.

Thinking maybe the people who've got the Elm327 to work are I4's??
Problems were on 2002 GK V6 with immobilizer.
No problem on 2002 GK I4 with immobilizer.

·
Registered
9 Posts

You just have to wire the K line directly from the ECU to the scanner. From factory, the signal is not going directly, it's going through bcm and i think it's stopped there on 2002 GK with imobilizer.

You have to crimp a wire from the ECU harness. It's C133-1 (black plug with eight wires coming in it) pin 3 (color of the wire is green). Then you have to solder the other side of the wire directly on the pin 7 of the obd port. Thus, the signal going from the ECU to the obd port will not go through BCM and immobilizer, and your scanner will now find he ECU !

Thanks Elricdelyon for the detailed description of the fix,
I applied this last week on my 2002 Coupe 2.7,
finally I can see my CEL codes and I can clear them with my OBD-II scanner.
Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i heard there is a standing recall on this aswell
The recall is for the missing pin 5 only. Most of the obd scantools will work even with this pin missing, as pin 4 and 5 are generally wired together in the scantool connector.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,688 Posts

I just had to bump this, since there is no sticky about this information. I had a 2003 which all of a sudden, after a month long period of disconnected battery storage, would not connect to my OBD scanner, which had worked fine before. I just hardwired the line directly from the ECU to the OBD port and it is now connecting. There must be something wrong with the BCM, since it was working fine before.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Where's C133-1 plug? I can't find it 🔍

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts