Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Flywheel hp (or gross hp is what I think your trying to say)is something like 175 in our cars and whp (wheel hp) is 143 (give or take a few). You loose power thru your powertrain which is the reason the flywheel hp is higher then the hp at the wheels (whp) Hope this helps

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
16-18% drivetrain loss is the average

·
Registered
898 Posts
It's usually something like around 15% for most manual fwd cars. Automatics have a higher drivetrain loss as proven through dyno

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
so... a 4:5 ratio? (flywheel hp: wheel hp)
No, he said WHP is about 15% less than flywheel hp, so if anything its the other way around 5:4 or more accurately 10:8.5

Why the hell do you need it as a ratio anyways? what wrong with just leaving it at a 15% loss. lol

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
A Tib does lose about 15% through the drivetrain, which is around 25 HP. I don't like using percentages because they are only accurate when the car is stock, but not everyone realizes that. Now lets say you make that same Tib have 250 HP, it will not lose 15% of it's power because it's making more power. It will still lose 25 HP through the drivetrain, not 15% of 250 HP.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
^^^^ Dude??? I'm reading this post to take a break from my philosophy of science class and now my brain hurts again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
what are the auto GT guys getting at the wheels then? (stock of course)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts