Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for me up to this point my alarms and remote starts have always been a convenience item. Cool the car off in the summer, heat it in the winter.

Tonight that all changed!

My wife and I had gone over to my mothers to visit because we had not seen them in awhile. We had been out on the back porch all night just talking. Out of nowhere my alarm goes off. Never having to expect that it was MY alarm before it took a second to register that it was my car. After it finally CLICKED I ran to the fence to see two guys running down the street.

I then did the normal thing and called the cops and such. I was lucky enough to have no damage to my car except a scratch on my passenger glass.

The moral of the story...get an alarm...they HELP. Yes everyone knows the person that had an alarm that did NOTHING for them....however I now know VERY PERSONALLY that they can and do help prevent you from needing to pay a deductible for replacement items :3_winkthu

I paid for my alarm tonight by not having my $700 ID stolen.

GET AN ALARM

IF YOU HAVE A SIMILAR STORY PLEASE SHARE. :3_pimatyo
I don't need or want the stories of failed alarms we all know it can happen.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which alarm do you have installed? :)
im sure others are wondering! lol i am atleast
I have the Excalibur AL-1810-EDP that I sell on the boards.

I'll be upgrading to the Zenesis alarm that I have for sale as soon as I can loose the "plumber with a leaky faucet syndrome"!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the Excalibur AL-1810-EDP that I sell on the boards.

I'll be upgrading to the Zenesis alarm that I have for sale as soon as I can loose the "plumber with a leaky faucet syndrome"!
gotcha :3_winkthu can you re-use alarm systems? if so would you be willing to sell your current for cheap? haha

the Zenesis looks freaking awesome btw

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
my buddies WRX got the windows broken out he was less then 50 yards away... No alarm insurance says they aren't paying for anything over 1000 in expenses because he didn't install an alarm...... side windows and front windshield runs about 800 and then his 600 dollar laptop he gets 200 for... Get an alarm I just got one from one of the NT members for a good price going to be installin this weekend... Insurance goes down with an alarm system installed....

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
our stock alarm system is a silent alarm and if you were to break a window it will just flash the flasher and won't let the car start and call your insurance agent and ask...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I caught a couple guys trying to break into my car in the middle of the night. i just happened to wake up and look out the window. i park in a back lot 50 yards or so away from the apartment, sucks.

cops got here quick and scared em off, luckily they werent trying to smash and grab, they were trying to pry down my passenger side window. they scratched it up pretty good but nothing stolen.

i installed an alarm 2 weeks later and the day after i got the alarm in, i was walking out to leave for work and the lot was full of cops. 3-5 cars had been broken into but my car was fine!

so my new alarm paid for itself the day after i got it! still wish i woulda opted for the remote start though.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
our stock alarm system is a silent alarm and if you were to break a window it will just flash the flasher and won't let the car start and call your insurance agent and ask...
actually your horn should sound also unless its not hooked up it would be the horn right next to the battery it shares the same harness as the headlight main connector on the driver side. so if yours is "silent" you may wanna see if that alarm is there. im 100% sure it should make noise, iv set mine off a few times by accident. ex: hood open set alarm then leaned into engine bay and walla alarm goes off making me look retarded. or lost keys had to open with spare key after arming with fob.

and i found out the other day my immobilizer works when my remote battery died. not really a successful from keeping stuff stolen but it woulda worked if someone was trying.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
i have alarmed it opened it tried several things to get it to go off but bust the window and it just flashes light and doesn't let u start the car but idk i got an alarm for 30 bucks so might as well install it and let it do its thing... Crime is starting to rise with the money not flowing around so ya....

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
up to you to trust factory alarm is all i am sayin...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would that matter though since we have a stock alarm?
In order for insurance to decrease they usually require a couple things...

1. Starter Kill

2. Passive arming (something stock doesn't have)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts