Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be a needless question, but why can't I see NO supercharged car at all in Tuning magazines ?

I have 10 Mags in my bedroom, I see more than 30 V6 engines, but all of them are turbocharged, and none of them are supercharged. Why is that ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
i think he meant superchargers....and the reason u dont see them is because turbos make highend power like what u use at tracksa and circuit races.....there are supercharged ones thoough,almost all honda nsx are supercharged,and alota cars that already have high end power,u just dont see many

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Yes, can you explain to me why? I would like to know your professional opinion.

Thanks T.C.
If I find the import tuner that says why most do, I'll quote it...

Something about control and power due to imports not having big-displacement engines. Theres not much to say as if you look into domestic mags all your gona see is n/a and sc engines, while most import mags will show n/a and turboed cars

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I think alot of it is image too. Most import mag cutomers are into the whole NAAAWWWWSSS and turbo thing. Not to say that setup is bad but from an image standpoint a car with a big turbo and some spray will generate more hype with their audience, which is what their all about. A s/c car just doesnt have the same image as a turbo car in the eyes of the mag buyers, which are younger guys that have neither on their car.

·
Registered
356 Posts
tey gooo psssshhh and u can hear em and people like stuff that makes noise

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nemo said:
because turbo's make girls wet

i dont think you installed your instercooler sprayer the way you should :S

·
Registered
356 Posts
diymirage said:
i dont think you installed your instercooler sprayer the way you should :S

i we need a diy for that install!!!!!

·
Banned
240 Posts
Zaion said:
If I find the import tuner that says why most do, I'll quote it...

Something about control and power due to imports not having big-displacement engines. Theres not much to say as if you look into domestic mags all your gona see is n/a and sc engines, while most import mags will show n/a and turboed cars
yeah that cobalt SS engine is pretty big.

·
Registered
356 Posts
thers small block turbos for fords and and chevys,and dont forget the gsx has a turbod v6

·
Registered
356 Posts
oh snap!i think most americans think supercharger they think muscle car,turbo they think import

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
...because you're reading the wrong magazines.For daily drivers and road racing, a supercharger is the better route. Many times, the magazine either are covering manufacturers looking to brag with peak hp numbers or featuring cars that aren't daily driven. The magazines are not a reflection of the real world.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts