Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to think out side the box as many of you know, so i was wondering., for you v6 tibby guys, have you ever knoticed how simulair the NA mishbishi 3000gt motors look to v6 tibby motors.. as a matter of fact I was at the junk yard the other day and there was a 2.7 santa fe/tibby motor sitting right next to a NA 3000gt motor.. i couldnt even tell them apart.... seriously.. someone needs to reseach what it would take to swap this motor in a tibby.... because starting with 222bhp would be a heck of alot better than the 2.7v6.... i dont know.. just a thought.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
theres more than just the engine when making a swap

ECU
Harness
Motor Mounts
tranny

Lots of fabbing you know

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
same block on those engines

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
do your reseach before you just brush it off... you might learn somthing... for ex:....the beta motor is a carbon copy of the 4g63 evo4 motor in NA form.. HYUNDAI took this design and made it their own.. thus the name BETA...(prototype etc).... the transmission posistion is excatly the same ... the linkage is exactly the same....the axles are EXACTLY... J?K.. alsmost the same.. but you can use the GSX one.... Im just trying to show you that with a lil reseach you may just find out how much HYundai is related to Mishibishi... you never know.. the delta tranny may be the same or close .... oh and all hybrid swap require harness and ecu...... you dont start a project like this one if you dont want to spend the money
QUOTE=Zaion]theres more than just the engine when making a swap

ECU
Harness
Motor Mounts
tranny

Lots of fabbing you know[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
The main reason why people dont bother with the swap is because its a cheaper route to get a s/c, turbo, or heavily mod n/a route. No need to pull out the new motor just yet.

If you go for this route, my hats off to ya for being unique. Its just the majority of us prefer a cheaper route to make power thats all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lostdestiny14 said:
The main reason why people dont bother with the swap is because its a cheaper route to get a s/c, turbo, or heavily mod n/a route. No need to pull out the new motor just yet.

If you go for this route, my hats off to ya for being unique. Its just the majority of us prefer a cheaper route to make power thats all.
i can repect that. word to your mother :3_coool:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
TTurbulence said:
do your reseach before you just brush it off... you might learn somthing... for ex:....the beta motor is a carbon copy of the 4g63 evo4 motor in NA form.. HYUNDAI took this design and made it their own.. thus the name BETA...(prototype etc).... the transmission posistion is excatly the same ... the linkage is exactly the same....the axles are EXACTLY... J?K.. alsmost the same.. but you can use the GSX one.... Im just trying to show you that with a lil reseach you may just find out how much HYundai is related to Mishibishi... you never know.. the delta tranny may be the same or close .... oh and all hybrid swap require harness and ecu...... you dont start a project like this one if you dont want to spend the money
But your not talking about an eclipse engine, you talking about the 3000gt one. Trust me I'm up date in mitsu-hyundai compatibility. And you think your the first one to think that up? Not bashing you either, just pointing out obviousness

yes, you can drop a 4g63 into a tib, its been done before so no biggy. But a 3000gt block and making it work? not anytime soon

O and beta's have one cam sprocket while eclipse's have 2 :)

But by all means you could try, and if you or anyone succedes, kudos for you and you can bash me all night long

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
But the blocks are the same...........different heads but same blocks I believe

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
flatblackstrat said:
then why cant you just do a head swap

Has anyone ever tried?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ok first of all maybe i should be clear on what year tibby i drive.. 01"...and no the 4g63 hasnt been swapped in the 03+ thank you... the 01+ is based of the elantra chassis... and the 03" is basied off the sonota chassis... your comparing apples and oranges man... iwas simply saying that the GK might share drivtrain with 3000gt and giving a relative example by saying the evo swap is in corralation.... and yes i know the beta has one cam "Gear" (not sprocket, sprockets connect the intake cams together) but the block and pistons are the same exact bore and stroke... all hyundai did was raise the compression with their own unique head assembly

Oh and FYI... the eclispe motor and the evo motor are NOT the same... engine and transmission
position is completely diff. not to mention the power out put...
Zaion said:
But your not talking about an eclipse engine, you talking about the 3000gt one. Trust me I'm up date in mitsu-hyundai compatibility. And you think your the first one to think that up? Not bashing you either, just pointing out obviousness

yes, you can drop a 4g63 into a tib, its been done before so no biggy. But a 3000gt block and making it work? not anytime soon

O and beta's have one cam sprocket while eclipse's have 2 :)

But by all means you could try, and if you or anyone succedes, kudos for you and you can bash me all night long

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
TTurbulence said:
ok first of all maybe i should be clear on what year tibby i drive.. 01"...and no the 4g63 hasnt been swapped in the 03+ thank you... the 01+ is based of the elantra chassis... and the 03" is basied off the sonota chassis... your comparing apples and oranges man... iwas simply saying that the GK might share drivtrain with 3000gt and giving a relative example by saying the evo swap is in corralation.... and yes i know the beta has one cam "Gear" (not sprocket, sprockets connect the intake cams together) but the block and pistons are the same exact bore and stroke... all hyundai did was raise the compression with their own unique head assembly

Oh and FYI... the eclispe motor and the evo motor are NOT the same... engine and transmission
position is completely diff. not to mention the power out put...
Just throwing this out there, but I'm not putting much stock in what you're saying if you don't realize the 03+ Tiburon is NOT based off the Sonata chassis. You even used the term "GK" in the next line. The GK is its own platform.

·
Registered
631 Posts
the GK chasis is exactly the same as the tuscon. So much you could install a AWD system and it would bolt right on with minor body work and exhaust relocation.

Yes you can drop a 3000gt engine in you could also drop in a 3.3L sonata engine or a 3.5L santa fe engine. You could do the sonata engine nearly free using a cai some tools on hand and 100 to slip to the hyundai mechanic to "accidentally" order a 3.3L sonata engine instead of a 2.7L delta. If you really wanted too you could rebuild a tib into a 3.3L awd sports car using hyundai original parts all for under 10k if you have the mechanical knollege even less if you know of a hyundai scrap yard.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
how come nobody has put in the AWD system yet?.....is the santa fe one not that affectiive or something....?..

sorry for the newbized questions.....i'm just curious...and how much would this cost?..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you guys are forgeting that this swap would be illegal to drive on the street and wouldnt pass emmissons . even if it technicly did pass , its an engine from another car maker and thats not allowed after a certain year ( i forget what years but these cars fall into that catagory .)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Forget it I'm not fighting anymore

and yes they have swapped 4g63 into 03+ tibs, not everything is found in this forums you know

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Because its the most expensive 50HP gain you can buy, or attempt to buy.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Nocturn said:
Because its the most expensive 50HP gain you can buy, or attempt to buy.
what the eclipse engine?

If your in anyway implying the aforementioned, I'm giving you words a hell no. Ever see them handle 25 psi stock?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Why would anyone on earth swap in a N/A 3kgt motor. Those things are slow. If you really wanted to go crazy, you just swap in a vr-4. this is like trying to stick a ford 302 small block into a civic. cross swapping companies.This isn't fast and furious tokyo drift where you fit in a RB26 into a stang fastback

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.