Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe so, says in the spec for the genesis that its 5x114.3 and thats what ours are

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question sorry for the inconvenience , but i found these for $150.00 will these fit my car?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe those are 19" rims.

The center bore and lug pattern is same as Tiburon or other hyundai(s). My only question would be offset. Tiburon stock have offset 46. Most likely it's gonna rub. Also the front and rear wheels for genesis have different sizes.

See this thread for more info: ++++ List of What Width & Offset Will Rub and What Won't ++++

Genesis wheels

Sizes:
F 19x8.0 +35
R 19x8.5 +35

Center Bore:
67.1mm

Lug Pattern:
5x114.3

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe they are Hyundai sonata rims
I think the sonata rims will most likely fit.
Ask the seller for these info and compare with the thread I posted earlier.
  • WHEEL SIZE 18 X 7.5
  • BOLT PATTERN 5 X 115
  • OFFSET 48
Personally, I would stick with 16 or 17" rims. I had 18" on mine and went through many tires (low-profiles) hitting pot holes and bending rims. I'm sure where you live, the roads must be nicer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The genesis wheels come in a non track version that are 18's and a track version that are 19's. My bad on not including the fact that it depends which version you are looking at but the pattern is correct.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the sonata rims will most likely fit.
Ask the seller for these info and compare with the thread I posted earlier.
  • WHEEL SIZE 18 X 7.5
  • BOLT PATTERN 5 X 115
  • OFFSET 48
Personally, I would stick with 16 or 17" rims. I had 18" on mine and went through many tires (low-profiles) hitting pot holes and bending rims. I'm sure where you live, the roads must be nicer.
Definitely advice to consider, 18s look good but you lose alot of comfort especially if you are lowered

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car is all stock from the suspension
maybe these sonata rims may drop it a little?
or would it be a huge difference currently it is sitting on OZ Racing Rims that is how i purchased it

·
Registered
74 Posts
If its a bigger wheel than currently installed it wont drop any.... wheel diameter and tire sidewall thickness all matter in that scenario

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i should just take a jack and fit them right there before i purchase wont you think?
lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
i should just take a jack and fit them right there before i purchase wont you think?
lol
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Heres how mine sits with factory suspension on stock 17's with 205/45 tires.....and again on factory suspension with 18's with 225/40 tires for a reference. as you can see theres not much change to the fender gap or from the bottom of the car to the concrete. Thats because even tho i went bigger on the wheels, the tire profile was made smaller to accommodate for more clearance when i was lowered. Hence why 18s usually ride rough... bigger wheel, smaller rubber. Also notice how the 18s are more flush with the body.... factory 17s on a tiburon are 17x7 with a +48 offset , my wheels are 18x7.5 with a +40 offset. All things you gotta know when buying wheels otherwise you could run into all sorts of hassles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Id keep the OZ wheels. Sonata wheel is not so exciting. I had the same decision a while back, and after staring at them I for a long time and snapping pics, I decided it doesnt suit the car. I mean it’s sedan wheels.

And yes, 18” does ride rough. I don’t even drive my car anywhere with bad roads or rain since installing my 18s. Looks good though! 😎

Also, if you visit junk yard and find XG350, you can pull the dual piston calipers off it and bolt on your tiburon. Just buy rotors. One of the cheapest and most effective modes. I mention this because if you do it, your wheels will have to clear the caliper. The stock 17’s do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts