Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 with the 6 speed manual transmission and folding mirrors. Just wondering if I can replace my delta engine with the 4-Cylinder turbocharged engine from the other Tiburon GT version. I'm not worried about the wiring issue, because I've done plenty of swaps on Honda's and Mitsubishi's. I'm just wondering if I'm able to drop in the turbo 4 into my car (aside motor mounts)? To make it worth keeping. Or I might just sell it and get a '08 Subaru Impreza 2.5i from the dealer auction and do a swap. Right now my tibby is on a jack stand in my driveway awaiting parts from South Korea to replace the entire front suspension along with 2 axles, because everything broke when I was driving over some train tracks on far northside of Milwaukee almost 2 months ago. If I sold as is, it'll be for $1500 without the wheels n radio. But will include a full exhaust system, katana shift knob, 5 month old brakes (Cross-Drilled rotors/pads/FR caliper), race headers w/O2 Bungs (not installed) & race cat (not installed). Owing this car makes me feel like I'm owing a Evo 8 again, but in a coupe non-turbo form for how much everything costs since I've owned the car since January 1st. I honestly love my car, but not a big fan of having to buy parts every week that I get paid from work. Hell I've even replace parts I did not even have to replace just so I don't have to deal with them down the road. But if I'm able to drop in a 4-cylinder Turbo model, then that is fine for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Debating on towing the car upto the title loan place to get the maximum amount offered for the loan of $10k n just buy another car like the genesis coupe turbo or something sporty with 4 doors to get my wife off of my ass.

Her: You have 3 skylines in the driveway at our house in the Philippines. Why don't you ship one of them to the USA.
Me: I don't have the money to import here among other.
13 yo Son: Don't sell the Tibby...
Me: ???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just to clarify: the 4 cylinder is not factory turbo. Plenty of them got aftermarket turbos, but afaik it wasn't a factory option.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
you can get 10k for that tib, get rid of it, and get a newer car.

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
you can get 10k for that tib, get rid of it, and get a newer car.
$10K US for a Tib in 2020!? Like what you're smoking......yes, some desirable bits.....but not $10K US.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to clarify: the 4 cylinder is not factory turbo. Plenty of them got aftermarket turbos, but afaik it wasn't a factory option.
Thank you for letting me know. Also will the 4-cylinder drop in my car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts