Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2004 Tiburon GT 5 speed V6, i dont know who the previous owner is, cuz i bought it on an auction, but it has an intake, headers, and a costum exhaust, i donno the brands tho, i know the exhaust is about $700, it has underglow too, so who knows what else there is in it, i havent looked through it yet, i never even drove it yet, anyways, how do u think it will do on a 1/4 mile? will it get under 15 seconds?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I/H/E should net you mid to high 14's if your a good driver...(also depending on your clutch/flywheel setup)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
depends where you live and the alititude but with I/H/E i would image it would with a good driver and good tires

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
come on guys, you have to be realistic - cutting a second off the Tib with I/E is not likely - I have seen folks get a 14.9 with I/E but running mid 14's without an s/c is not going to happen - low 15's is gonna be a realistic goal for someone with I/E - you are going to need 50 horses extra to shave off a second on street tires.. and that will be a lucky run

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
UnHolyTib said:
come on guys, you have to be realistic - cutting a second off the Tib with I/E is not likely - I have seen folks get a 14.9 with I/E but running mid 14's without an s/c is not going to happen - low 15's is gonna be a realistic goal for someone with I/E - you are going to need 50 horses extra to shave off a second on street tires.. and that will be a lucky run
AS mentioned, he has I/H/E. You forgot headers. :)

I will be hitting you up soon unholyTib. Gonna need your business :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
out at the last nc meet fastest na tib that night ran the 1/4 mile at 14.9 an se with just intake and stage 4 upper. rest of the car was bone stock.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
solo hit 14.7 with a mostly stock tib...

and yes mid 14 is posible with a i/h/e tib...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
me = 15.1 with intake and a stock slipping clutch...
i/h/e and a decent clutch will get u mid to high 14s if you can drive np

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Statistics say that it's going to take a 6 speed with 180-200 horses to the wheels to get mid 14's - ( but thats not a reality in most cases) saying a I/E car that got a 14.9 is going to drop a 1/2 a second by adding 10 horses ( headers) is not realistic.. I would love for this to be true... Anyone can show me a timeslip for a bone stock V6 Tib with no other mods than I/H/E that ran a mid 14 second on street tires? I would love to see it.. but for the most part, the Stage 1/ Stage 2 Alpine guys are running mid 14's - so why would they buy a supercharger to go the same speed as a guy with a set of headers?

As far as research shows, a V6 with I/H/E runs 170 whp or less ( normally less) I guess it depends on the track and the weather conditions... but most of the Stage 2 Alpines around here run mid 14's with 230-250 whp...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
UnHolyTib said:
Statistics say that it's going to take a 6 speed with 180-200 horses to the wheels to get mid 14's - ( but thats not a reality in most cases) saying a I/E car that got a 14.9 is going to drop a 1/2 a second by adding 10 horses ( headers) is not realistic.. I would love for this to be true... Anyone can show me a timeslip for a bone stock V6 Tib with no other mods than I/H/E that ran a mid 14 second on street tires? I would love to see it.. but for the most part, the Stage 1/ Stage 2 Alpine guys are running mid 14's - so why would they buy a supercharger to go the same speed as a guy with a set of headers?

As far as research shows, a V6 with I/H/E runs 170 whp or less ( normally less) I guess it depends on the track and the weather conditions... but most of the Stage 2 Alpines around here run mid 14's with 230-250 whp...
I agree. I don't consider myself a terrible driver, and with I/H/E, Mafterburner and up pulley at 183 whp so far my best time was 14.8. Then again, I do need a new clutch.

·
Registered
434 Posts
not to go off topic or anything but mine is i4 03 automatic, I/H/E and possibly getting zex wet kit will it run under 15 secs as well just curious. EDIT* Never Mind my car is a 10min car * something wrong with it gotta go take a look when I come back

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
UnHolyTib said:

Theres already been plenty of threads of people running mid to high 14's with i/e. 14.6 is the best i seen. I seen 14.3 with i/stg.4/h/e+tune. Plus malogus got like what a 14.1 with his n/a setup, he has 210whp. I believe he uses drag radials though.

Also I seen a auto stg. 2 alpine run 14 flat on steet tires...

So Idk why people in your area get slow times, maybe your track isnt that great.

Stock tibs on here have hit 15.2 before.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Skorch said:
I agree. I don't consider myself a terrible driver, and with I/H/E, Mafterburner and up pulley at 183 whp so far my best time was 14.8. Then again, I do need a new clutch.
and a new tranny :p Brent got a 14.6 with those mods.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
UnHolyTib said:

I know I've got a little more than just I/E but I shaved a full second off my cars ET before my cams and BBTB. I pulled a [email protected] on street tires and a stock clutch with just 180 WHP. Stock the car ran a [email protected] mph.My car also had full interior with nothing removed but the spare tire.

·
Registered
843 Posts
When I ran my 6speed I hit a 15.42 cant remember exactly but my clutch was slipping. Cabeltech ran a 15.09 with jus Intake and exhaust. My goal is 14.9 when I get my new clutch in.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts