Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda new to the whole messing with wheel sizes/width/offset thing so i really just want to know if i can get 18" diameter, 9.5" wide, 0mm offset. yes i know that means the tires will probably stick out from the stock fenders. the question is really for the fronts, will they rub? tires would be a 235/40ZR18

·
Registered
96 Posts
My experience is:
17x9 +45 touches the springs
with a 25mm adapter giving it a 20mm offset I had the same interior clearance but I needed to roll the fenders.
So I think in your case a 18x9.5 you will have a good amount of clearance on the inside but would most likely need to roll the fenders or cut them. I think they would stick out about 3 inches more than stock.
Also 235/35/18 or 245/35/18 would be closer to stock diameter.
Hopefully this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My experience is:
17x9 +45 touches the springs
with a 25mm adapter giving it a 20mm offset I had the same interior clearance but I needed to roll the fenders.
So I think in your case a 18x9.5 you will have a good amount of clearance on the inside but would most likely need to roll the fenders or cut them. I think they would stick out about 3 inches more than stock.
Also 235/35/18 or 245/35/18 would be closer to stock diameter.
Hopefully this helps and good luck.
good to know. the plan is to cut the fenders and go wide body. i just have a hard time visualizing the difference on paper lol.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hey Raptorman,

Your 0 offset wheels will stick out a lot in the front. By my estimate the lip of the wheel will stick out 17mm past the fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts