Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding....It will buff out because I already did it!

Polish -> Touch-up -> Wetsand -> Polish -> Clearcoat -> Wetsand -> Polish -> Wax

I could of done a little more sanding on the lower part of the scrape but I was getting tired.

What do you think?

Attachments

Reactions: heratik

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wow, that's crazy impressive. I have a tendency to just destroy paint when I try to repair, so much props to you man.

·
Registered
959 Posts
wow that looks nearly perfect. The yellow blends great.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
i have an elantra project this weekend that im going to try this out on. what grit sand paper? i plan on hitting it with 1500 and 2000.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used 2500 grit sandpaper and found the sanding marks came out with an orbital buffer + orange pad.

Paint was Hyundai touch-up pen. Just applied several layers and let dry before sanding and polishing.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
wally forgot to ask what compound you using

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we both use the same stuff from a past thread

I got the Menzerna SIP and 106ff

Reactions: shark tales

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I think we both use the same stuff from a past thread

I got the Menzerna SIP and 106ff
yep i use sip for most of my polishing. i break out ssr1 and ssr2.5 when things are ugly. sweet. i have a weekend project. im going to buy paint and get to work. thanks for replying

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice job here man Props on the full paint and detail you put into it looks like new

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i have an elantra project this weekend that im going to try this out on. what grit sand paper? i plan on hitting it with 1500 and 2000.
Whatever Grit you get, it's all about the Meg's Unigrit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts