Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...50229446825&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I Have seen a few intake kits and most have 3 of the rubber couplers, one for the engine intake throttle, and the other 2 for each side of the Sensor.. But this one only has 2?

Also the clamps.. Most kits have 6, 1 for the engine intake throttle, 4 for by the Sensor and one to keep the filter on. This one only has 3?

And lastly, the vacuum hose.. It does not include one? Do I use the stock hose?

I emailed the guy and he said that Everything I get is in the picture and I have everything that I need for the install.. But I do not believe so.. Can anyone else tell me??

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
goto autozone and just get vacuum hose?

i mean come on. but you can also get the couplers there too

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the couplers and vacuum hoses just the same size?? I would also need 3 more clamps right? And after all that i would be good to go?

Oh and also getting a k and n filter from auto zone

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
buy a name brand product that has everything?
+1..

that way you dont have to worry if you can make it work.. it looks shoddy to me..

doesnt even look long enough to be a CAI..
im gonna have to go with you get what you pay for... and in this case that may only be half of what you need...

·
Registered
665 Posts
there are much better ones for close to the same price that come with all the parts... like others say.. "pipes are pipes".. theres not any difference betweeen a $10.00 pipe or a $100.00 pipe except a brand ... i would get a new filter though.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Look at greddy. They are going out of business because People cheap out on quality products and

buy cheap ebay ****. So now you can no longer expect quality products from them so instead of a new E-manage you can look forward to your SLR Motorsports chip.

Same goes for this website. Keep buying cheap ebay **** and not quality parts from our sponsors and they will lose interest in paying for sponsorship and then NT won't have enough money to run.

yeah i agree with JD here..

and to me that pipe doesnt look nearly as big as my injen piping..maybe im just biased.. maybe the pic is just messin with my eyes.. but then again i couldnt tell ya.. not like he posted any specs or anything.. yeah sure pipe is pipe... but if its an inch too small.. then your not gonna see any power.

he just said HEY! its gonna give you 12 HP!!!! :bsflag:

·
Registered
665 Posts
maybe its the ones charging $100.00 for something with production costs of $5.00 whose at fault... you cant blame people for not wanting to waste money.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
maybe its the ones charging $100.00 for something with production costs of $5.00 whose at fault... you cant blame people for not wanting to waste money.

so are you saying that we should all just buy ebay products cuz theyre cheaper?
does R&D mean anything to you? or do you just wanna pay for the bare minimum parts that someone slapped together?

·
Registered
665 Posts
why the hell do you think people use ebay in the first place... i cant speak for the rest of us but i know that being a broke college student makes it hard to afford $100+ parts. Im not saying buy cheap ebay stuff but when theres something thats the same as its brand, wouldnt you pick the cheaper? Apparently i must be the only one who takes the value of a dollar into account. I never buy brand name stuff when im grocery shopping.. because all your paying for is flare, advertisements, and a name. butter is butter.. pipes are pipes

·
Registered
665 Posts
i know i am coming off anti-sponsorship but its honestly not the case. I appreciate the sponsors keeping this site alive and those who can afford to buy from those sponsors. :) just had to throw that in there

·
Registered
665 Posts
lol I could give to ***** if Mrs Buttersworth doesn't come out with a new type of syrup because you bought a generic brand of it. The main thing here is that it matters. If you cant afford to mod. Don't mod lol
lol if it was only that easy jd...

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
well.. yeah i buy off brand stuff too when i food shop.. but when it comes down to the most expensive thing i own (my car) thats not gonna be where i skimp out...

i know this is just a CAI, but what happens when you bump it up to a turbo? ya gonna skimp there too?

im just saying that the sponsors like ark and SFR you pay that extra money for a better overall product.. and i say overall, because you know its dyno proven, and not slapped together.. they have customer service beyone "after 5 days its not my problem" if you have a problem they work with you.. if you have questions they answer them.. if for some reason something breaks and it isnt your fault.. they fix it or replace it..

and to me thats worth the extra money..
and besides.. if your trying to scrounge the extra money so you can save 40 bucks on a cheap ebay intake, maybe modding isnt really a sensible option for you at this time in your life..

and dont get me wrong.. i totally understand not wanting to pay 1000 bucks for a set of headers... and the SSA knockoffs are 'good enough'..

but id rather spend money on a quality product to pay the wages of the people who put effort and labor into designing a good product, rather then pay the people who ripped off a design from another company and are mass producing them with cheap labor..

cuz in the end... like JD said.. if people keep buying the knockoffs, the originals are gonna go outta business... then who are they gonna steal the designs from?

·
Registered
665 Posts
but ur trying to say because i want to buy one thing off brand that i buy everything off brand for my car? the point i was trying to make was A.....pipe....is....a....pipe... end of story... air travels through the pipe... thats it.... now i agree there may be a few cheap pipes that are truly bad for airflow but for the most part they are exactly the same.... check this out... i found out my $1500 guitar that i saved and save for ended up coming from the SAME exact factory as an off brand. businesses get there materials/parts from someplace. Nowadays very few businesses are manufacturing their own product because it just costs too much. Now i bet k & n makes their very own filter in their very own plant... but why would they spend the millions of dollars molding pipes? i bet they dont. You would be surprised to learn how much is imported into the united states and labeled by a big name anymore.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts