Registered
424 Posts
Re: DIY: Wing Removal and Plugging

I removed my emblems and my wing over the weekend. I think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
424 Posts

I was wondering do you guys no how much it would cost to have the holes filled in and painted

·
Registered
424 Posts

Is there no rust under you guys with 03-04 wings??? I took mine off and everything was rusted out!
no there wasnt any rust under mine but if u like it off and were goin to fill the holes u could just get tht rust fixed

·
Registered
17 Posts

i took my wing off, but im not sure how to unclip the wiring, i have a 03 tiburon with the small wing, do i need to unscrew the 4 bolts near the break light to do so?

·
Registered
17 Posts

i took my wing off, but im not sure how to unclip the wiring, i have a 03 tiburon with the small wing, do i need to unscrew the 4 bolts near the break light to do so?
nevermind, figured it out!, looks great! pictures available soon, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts

so i took my wing off but im having one hell of a time trying to get this wing shadow off any ideas?

·
Registered
75 Posts

If anyone is still skeptical about doing this, do it! haha

·
Registered
75 Posts

Edit: Sorry for some reason its not letting my edit my post, the last 2 pictures werent suppose to be in there haha

·
Registered
468 Posts

Sadly, I am unable to find the nylon plugs to fill in the holes. :(

I have a larger one from a strut that I will take around with me the next time I look around town again.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts

I am really happy to have found this information on taking off the spoiler. I have wanted to do this since I bought the car in 2003 (the same time I replaced the stock antenna with a retractable electric one), but at the time, I was not quite brave enough (despite being "brave" enough to cut into a half-dozen places in the wiring harness to install the Korean gauges... I still can't believe that I did that to a brand new car).

Anyway, the last couple of years have been really rough on my spoiler. the paint on top is practically gone: it is still mostly black, but it feels like sandpaper now. So I ordered a replacement inside-the-window brake light (a little 24-LED widget about 10" long, bought from ebay for $10), and as soon as that comes, I will be saying good-bye to the spoiler forever. Yay!

It's good to see this forum is still around. I loved this forum back when my Tiburon was new. :)

·
Registered
832 Posts

Here's mine - using electrical tape for now, but I've got something up my sleeve that I thought about and saw someone who did to another car and it confirmed for me how solid it will be.

·
Registered
409 Posts

im wingless lol

·
Registered
409 Posts

Nice job. Did you paint the plugs?
yes i painted them they r almost the same color might be a tad lighter

201 - 220 of 248 Posts