Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The paint is peeling and chipped on all of my wipers. I decided to pull them off and repaint them flat black. In doing this, I removed the bolts and the wipers wouldn't come off. Was I just to scared to pull hard enough, or is there something other than removing the nut that I missed?

· Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is how you do it. Remove the cap over the nut on the rear.

Use a 1/2 in socket to remove the nut. Lift and drop the wiper repeatedly to free the wiper. do this to all three.
Remove the wiper blade from the arm. Push in on the tab to release it

Sand the wiper to even out the chips or use a paint stripper. I used Aircraft Remover from Autozone. If you use this, use gloves. It burns on contact and hurts like H*LL. Once you are satisfied with the area, clean with alcohol to remove any solvents and dust.

I used Duplicolor trim paint from Autozone. The color was OEM black and it was formulated to give the flat black look and it adheres to metal well.

Spray 2-3 light coats until desired coverage is reached.

Let dry for about an hour. Reinstall by placing the wiper in the position it was in when removed. Tighten down the nut and replace the cap. Test the wiper and if it travels in the factory tracks, you are done, If not, remove nut and shift the wiper to get it into the right stopped position.

Before:

After:

I also used some leftover paint to change the color of my shifter plate from gun metal to black to get a better match with the interior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.