Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my new AVIC-D2 (yes, I know the D3 is coming out in March...bummer) tomorrow morning. Does anyone know what the wire gauge is for Tiburon stereo wire harness bought from Crutchfield is so that I can be shrink tubing to protect my soldiering?

Also, I will be hooking up a XM NavTraffic module and iPod module which both require constant power...I believe. Can anyone suggest the best place to install these modules and where to draw the power from in those locations?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
this might not be the best place but out of convenice the clock constant power may be a great choice?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have the Ipod thing with my Pioneer. I just ran it from the same power as the head unit and grounded it behind the stereo. My ipod box is actually right underneath my cupholders and I have the wire going in to my center console.

The best way to do it is to buy one of those plastic gromit things that you see on desks (you know, the ones where you can run wires through it, and then put a plastic cap on it with a small hole on it). That way, you can fit the plug through there, but you don't have a large gaping hole in your center console. Just don't run it throught the bottom. Stuff can fall in that tiny hole if you do. I'll post a pic as soon as I get home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts