Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much hp should I gain?I have a cai.I want to buy a ssa engine back setup.I already own a cai.So I was wondering what should I expect in hp or torque gains.Thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i wanna say u can expect somewhere between 170 and 176 untunned for max Hp and torque. every system is a little diffrent, every engine is to so some can make 176 and some might make 172 off the same mods

·
Registered
962 Posts
Check Fleishelja's post about his mods and how they are he doesn't give the ssa headers a good review. This is the only thing Ive heard about them but make sure you check into that before you make your final decision. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
paedder said:
I have the SSA headers, SSA catback and a BMC Airbox.
Stock I had 168hp. After the mods I had 181 hp.
I think the SSA is worth the money.
168 stock? That's to the crank, not to the wheels, since most Tibs are listed at 172 stock to the crank.

Anyways, with I/H/E I dynoed at about 170, and after they tuned my Mafterburner I was up to 183.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Skorch said:
168 stock? That's to the crank, not to the wheels, since most Tibs are listed at 172 stock to the crank.

Anyways, with I/H/E I dynoed at about 170, and after they tuned my Mafterburner I was up to 183.
Right on!

I/H/E give a decent hp gain but if you retune and remap the engine, you will make a considerable amount more

·
Registered
49 Posts
Actually the 2.7 V6 Tibs in Europe have 165 hp when they are stock.

I looked up my dynorun data.

hp to the wheel before my mods: 168
hp to the wheel after my mods: 181

Don't know if I'm wrong. I can post the dynorun data this evening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts