Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im just looking for cheap replacements until i can afford some decent rims. i need new tires, and im actually on a spare tire right now. id rather buy a whole set for a few hundred instead of buying one new one.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
i dont know if they'll even fit... the tires may be too big. find out what size tires are on them.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
whats the biggest wheel/tire size that will fit on a stock 03?

i cant photoshop, so i superimposed the wheels on a pic i found on the net.

it depends... i'd say that if the tires are bigger than 225/40/18 you might have some trouble..

plus we need to know the offset, etc.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
they look like bigger versions of what are they... like random stock 16's that come with the tib? (are they 17's?)

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
ok, looking into it, using a 2006 base Z as a baseline, the stock sizes for a 350z are 225/45/18 front, 245/45/18 rear, so it has a staggered setup, meaning that the rear tires are wider than the front. the wheels appear to be 18x8.5... pretty big for a tib... plus stagering is going to look weird.

im gonna go ahead and say that this will possibly rub in the front and almost definitely rub in the rear.... you never know till you try, but IDK, there are better options out there, IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, that pretty much clears up any doubt for me. when it comes to wheels and tires i get so confused. ill sit on it and wait till i can get something decent. im off to the tire store to buy a new tire.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am rockin some 18" rims off of a '05 infiniti g35. I'm not sure if those 350 wheels are 18's, but I would guess so. I would also guess that they both have similar offsets, given that the 350 and g35 are pretty similar. I haven't had any issues with rubbing or anything, I have 225/40/18 tires on them. You can check out my thread where I put them on, but I'm a little too lazy to find it. Just type in "g35 rims" are something like that. Hope I was able to help. +1 for originality!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts