Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I could use your opinions on this one. A couple months ago my rear strut linkage snapped because of my sway bar and I've been going back and forth deciding whether to just bite the bullet and replace it myself or to try and take it to the dealership. The only link that broke was the passenger side, but unfortunately the two endlinks are bent too. I have the endlinks and the sway bar off right now and thought I would just bring it in the dealership and say that it snapped and everything fell off in the road or something, lol.

Does anyone think this will work, or is it not even worth my time? If not, how much realistically would it cost me to replace everything? I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Put the stock bar back on, and zip tie it out of the way (make sure you don't do it to the brake line) or something and then tell them your story about the breakage and stuff. They should fix it, worse case they say no. Also, if they ask if you had a different sway bar, just say the one under there is what has always been on there. Then when you get your newly replaced rear struts, order the tabs from Rickna and have a shop weld them on and then put your sway bar back on without worring if it will break again! L8R

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
or u can try to not scam the dealer for your mistake, order rickna's tabs, and have a shop weld everything back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts