Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

· ...in space.....
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING REALLLLLLY LONG

well this morning they delayed school due to bad icy weather. well i was mad at the school because i told them the roads were still iced over and that people shouldnt be driving, they dont really care and had school at ten anyway.
so right after i got off the phone with the high school, i was on a highway going about 60 and going over a bridge. i hit a patch of ice on the bridge and lost control of my car. i fishtailed alot at first then i did a 180 going sideways down a steep hill into a ditch, hitting a fence and a tree with my drivers door causing the side airbag to go off.
Well i freaked out when it happened and I couldnt get the passenger door to open so I turn around thinking what the hell am i going to do, when i see the whole back glass had popped out and broke. so i climb over the seat wearing only jeans and a tshirt and ran up the hill to the highway freezing, since it was 30 degrees outside. and i sit on the road and cried.
They said if it wasnt for my side airbags that i would have been extremely hurt, it even could have killed me. I was lucky, i only walked away with a couple of scratches and some bruises.
I was extremely lucky that God was watching over me this morning, and I pray and thank him for that.

well here are alot of pictures.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
holy sh!t...you are lucky to be able to walk away from that unharmed. I'm glad you are alright though

· Registered
4,788 Posts
WOW! you got really lucky. Glad you're ok tho, thank god for airbags!

Hey, with a little TLC she'll be back on the road in no time. j/k Looks like a new car for you. Gunna get another tib?

· Registered
449 Posts
Damn Karen... that really sucks. Glad you survived the crash.

Your Tib can be replaced... you can't. Besides, who would Phil, Matt, & I talk to in chat? Each other?

· ...in space.....
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW! you got really lucky. Glad you're ok tho, thank god for airbags!

Hey, with a little TLC she'll be back on the road in no time. j/k Looks like a new car for you. Gunna get another tib?
well they arent sure if they are going total it or not. insurance should cover all the damages, so if they fix it im keeping it. if not then im gonna get an 07. so we will see.

· Banned
1,800 Posts
First let me said I glad you are OK and I'm very sorry this happened. Yes, the Lord is good.

....delayed school due to bad icy weather....i told them the roads were still iced over and that people shouldnt be driving....i was on a highway going about 60 and going over a bridge. i hit a patch of ice on the bridge and lost control of my car....
I don't mean to be a jerk but why were you driving 60-mph when you knew it was icy out?? I can't tell from the pictures, do you have summer tires on your Tib or all seasons? Bridges and overpasses are always the first to ice up.

Again, I'm glad you are OK and safe. Good luck and I'm sorry for the situation.

· Registered
1,176 Posts
i live in texas and have been experiencing this weather too. glad your alright! but come on man, doing 60 over a BRIDGE when you know theres some ice. i have been driving in this weather and i slowed down for all bridges. i was doing 30mph on one and my car was still wiggling around. guess us texas folk aint use them ice patches, lol.

· Registered
17 Posts
Wow!! Thank God you are okay!! I feel your pain, I rolled my first Tibby because of ice. Not a good winter car. Hopefully your insurance will total it so you can get a new one instead of waiting to get it fixed, it'll never be the same car if you fix it. Look at the bright side - you're gonna get a NEW car & new warranty! I hope you aren't too sore from the impact. Glad to see you're okay!!!!!! Like already said - the car is replaceble, you aren't - and we want to have many more conversations with you. Keep us updated on what your new baby looks like - we love pictures!! It sounds like you will be number 2 on this site for getting an '07!!!

· ...in space.....
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont know i wasnt even thinking. it wasnt a very big bridge, and i dont know why i didnt slow down. i slowed down on all the other bridges i had went over earlier. it was just an accident. and accidents happen. and you know i am from south texas and this was my first time driving in weather like this.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.