Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a couple things for my 03 GT:

1. ECU. Must be 03-04 V6/6-speed. Have 2 auto ECUs I can trade if you need something to run on. Been looking for a year and a half now. Almost got scammed on FB looking for same.
2. Throttle body. Don't care if it doesn't come with the IAC and TPS or how dirty it is, but I have cruise control if it matters.
(last 2 not as important, but I NEED the ECU to pass inspection as my current one is throwing a P1602 trying to request data from a TCU I don't have and my throttle plate sticks closed, seems to be a bent shaft)
3. Silver (paint code LS) fuel filler door.
4. Long shot, but looking for a clean fuel filler neck. Called a junkyard several times about one and never got any response. There is no aftermarket and Hyundai apparently ran out of stock.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
543 Posts
I happen to be well versed with the ECMs. If you're looking for a manual ECM I can actually convert one of your autos to manual as well as some other fun stuff. I've got a handful of TBs as well. Send me a private message if you want to discuss your options.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can confirm, chase206 knows his way around an ECM. I'm actually going to be sending him the ECM out of my car to have another spare for tinkering. If you don't hear back from him and you're on a time crunch, I can take care of everything on your list except the fuel filler door (unless you wanted to repaint the one I have that is painted black). I'll have to double check, but I think my fuel filler neck is in good shape. Shoot me a PM after you shoot him a PM. Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm already in touch with him about the ECM. Not really on a time crunch but I'd like to actually get the car inspected this year. Every time I think it's ready to go something comes up (first the bad steering rack, then the clutch, then original ECM crapped out with short to voltage in the microcontroller on the TPS signal circuit, then lost my job due to viral panic, then brake line popped and ended up replacing not only all the brake lines but pretty much the entire fuel system between the filler neck and the fuel rail because rust blows). P0455 finally went away (fuel tank leak) and now it's throwing P0441. P1602 is current as well due to replacement ECMs (have 2... one is on car and other is in a box) being programmed for automatics that have a TCM my 6-speed doesn't.

Funny enough the gas door that's on the car was originally painted black with the same crappy Plastidip job that's on my factory rims (don't know who did that any more than the crappy Nightshade job on the tail lights it took me a week each to clean up). It's almost like bedliner. I wouldn't be so ticked if it was at least glossy, but it's not. I have gotten most of the paint off of it by literally having it sit in a container of brake fluid, but not all of the paint came off. The paint isn't exactly easy to find in a parts store (any more than the Tungsten Metallic for the 2012 200 I'm rebuilding the front end on, but at least AZ sells one that's more than close enough). Haven't figured out how to get the Plastidip off the wheels, either. It does peel a little, but I don't think my pressure washer is going to do the job. "Wheel cleaner acid" didn't touch it. One of the reasons why I got new rims last year (other than I have no center caps either... the one I have is probably going to be destroyed getting the Plastidip off).

LMK on the filler neck especially...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts