Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah im an uber noob. i know everyone of you know but i dont and its driving my crazy reading it everywhere.

so whats it mean?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry. didnt realize it looked like an i. so then 03-04 is 3rd gen, 05-06 is the facelifted 3rd gen, and the 07 is the second facelifted 3rd gen...

confusing.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

you are correct

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
^ I also need to type faster!

benitothemex said:
what is ftw and bump? uber noob here too, i know what i noob is
FTW = "For the Win" most of the time or "F#$% The World" on occasion
Bump= is usually just to bring it back to the top of the page, like a reminder in a sense

·
Registered
86 Posts
fixer said:
actually..Hyundai sees the 97-01 as 1st gens. So the 03- current is 2nd gen.
Funny. I was just checking out the Wikipedia write-up on the Tiburon today (in which this forum is mentioned), and I noted they listed 1st gen. as two separate generations. I'd definitely consider the "2nd gen" a facelift, albeit a significant one. Hyundai has the right idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn. you guys use FTW too? i hate that one. and FTL. whenever theyre used they make no sense if you actually spell it out. lol.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Solomediag said:
Funny. I was just checking out the Wikipedia write-up on the Tiburon today (in which this forum is mentioned), and I noted they listed 1st gen. as two separate generations. I'd definitely consider the "2nd gen" a facelift, albeit a significant one. Hyundai has the right idea.

But its not based on looks..its chassis. And the chassis stayed the same. I'm still trying to figure out where they came up with calling it an RD when the chassis is a RC. The RD is an Elantra...

The 3rd Gen Tib should be out hopefully in 08, it should be a MY 09.
1st Gen...RC MY 1997-2001
2nd Gen...GK, GK F/L1 and GK F/L2. MY 2003+

oh yeah..MY = Model Year

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Ist gen is the RD. 97-99 is the RD1, 00-01 is the RD2.

2nd gen is the GK. 03-04 is the GK1, 05-06 is the GK2, and the 07-08(?) is the GK3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts