Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself new subs infinity kappers and new Alpine mono block, 6 channel, 1800watt ... and 4 6x9 200watt per speaker. Any idea's if this set up will sound good? im going to be fitting this 2mora! :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If you are putting the 6x9's in the doors, good luck with that! Should be good, just have to build the box right!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cooooool ;-) 6x9 are going on parcel shelf! But the Infinity kappers are good yes? good power etc?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have used the kappas for years now and LOVE THEM ! the are a smooth and exact sub. most likely you got the standard kappa prefect sub, I run the new Kappa perfect VQ subs. On infinity's site for the 12" woofers it shows your box sizes to be a 1 cube ft box for a sealed and a 2 for a vented. I am using a 1.4 vented per-side box with a kappa 10 and i was doing 143db+

power wise i was running a kenwood 1800watt d class to those woofers and had no problems at all, but if you can feed them closer to 500 watts each the will love you more!
IMO infinity makes some of the most well balanced subwoofers on the market.

You by no means will be disapointed!

and just to stir up an argument...
I will take on ANYONE with 2 JL 12s or 13s with my 2 kappa VQ 10s!

and if you dont belive me

·
Registered
735 Posts
cycon82 said:
I have used the kappas for years now and LOVE THEM ! the are a smooth and exact sub. most likely you got the standard kappa prefect sub, I run the new Kappa perfect VQ subs. On infinity's site for the 12" woofers it shows your box sizes to be a 1 cube ft box for a sealed and a 2 for a vented. I am using a 1.4 vented per-side box with a kappa 10 and i was doing 143db+

power wise i was running a kenwood 1800watt d class to those woofers and had no problems at all, but if you can feed them closer to 500 watts each the will love you more!
IMO infinity makes some of the most well balanced subwoofers on the market.

You by no means will be disapointed!

and just to stir up an argument...
I will take on ANYONE with 2 JL 12s or 13s with my 2 kappa VQ 10s!

and if you dont belive me

^^^^ Photoshop.

Lol, J/K!
That's a lot of shiny!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omg nice 1 dude! thats impressive :) ive got the kappa with the black bit in the middle! sounds nice! 128db is my reading at the mo! not bad i suppose

·
Registered
673 Posts
BigCarl said:
^^^^ Photoshop.

Lol, J/K!
That's a lot of shiny!

12 shows per year
2 spl catagories, 1 sound quallity catagory, and 1 car show entry per event.
1st or second in EVERY event.
that is 48 trophies per year.

I need a biger house if im gonna keep doing this every year!

Selondontiburon said:
Omg nice 1 dude! thats impressive :) ive got the kappa with the black bit in the middle! sounds nice! 128db is my reading at the mo! not bad i suppose
128 is not bad.

what type of box are you using? vented, bandpass, sealed...
if you have a sealed box you may want to fill it loosely with insulation and you will get a cleaner sound. the cloth mesh on those subs make for a sharpness that the older generations did not have. the insulation allows for a smoother sound and deeper response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts