Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got around to finally installing my '04 XG350 calipers rotors and pads installed. They look great and they work even better.:)

I found a used pair at a wreckers in Maine for $25 for each caliper (came with brackets, hardware, and even very good used pads). I bought the cross drilled rotors and pads from Silverstone on Ebay. 4 coats of red Duplicolor ceramic caliper paint and a pair of Tuscani decals finish them off.

Grand total was $275 CDN. ($250USD) This included the bag of sand I used to sandblast the caliper assemblies. I spent an hour with my Home Depot blaster, and about 2 hours with the painting, relubricating and installation. Definitely worth every penny.

Whaddya think?:3_yes:

-BRR

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just got around to finally installing my '04 XG350 calipers rotors and pads installed. They look great and they work even better.:)

I found a used pair at a wreckers in Maine for $25 for each caliper (came with brackets, hardware, and even very good used pads). I bought the cross drilled rotors and pads from Silverstone on Ebay. 4 coats of red Duplicolor ceramic caliper paint and a pair of Tuscani decals finish them off.

Grand total was $275 CDN. ($250USD) This included the bag of sand I used to sandblast the caliper assemblies. I spent an hour with my Home Depot blaster, and about 2 hours with the painting, relubricating and installation. Definitely worth every penny.

-BRR
Could you share the wrecking yard contact info for the calipers? I want those sooooo bad
did you have to pay some duty fees for the calipers?
Please share some info!!!! HEHHEH Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks good Glen, Great Work :)

Ward

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
awesome work , your wheels remind me of mines except mines are chrome =( yours are more of a hyper silver huh?

very nice work i want those upgraded brakes also they look so perfect.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

-BRR
I'm not a fan of floating calipers, but somehow they look right under those rims, maybe it's the spoke clearance?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
You got the same brakes I got minus paint (which I have, just too lazy to paint them yet). Even got the same rotors and pads I have on mine since I think mine were from silverstone as well. I paid $240 total for mine, but that's without paint. I was just going to throw them in a parts washer and paint them up.

Could you share the wrecking yard contact info for the calipers? I want those sooooo bad
did you have to pay some duty fees for the calipers?
Please share some info!!!! HEHHEH Thanks
http://www.car-parts.com

·
Registered
782 Posts
That looked like a great deal to swap the XG fronts. How are they treating you so far?

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
mmmmm :3_chubby: Hope you like them; I thoroughly enjoy mine.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
you did an excellent job! +1 for good work and for owning a beautiful tib (from what i can see lol)

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW those look really cool. I need to do this. Is there a big difference in stopping power? I know that we have single pistons and the XG350 or duals but how many feet do you think you stop faster?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looked like a great deal to swap the XG fronts. How are they treating you so far?
They have about 650 miles on them so far and they work much better than stock in the 100-0mph department..., that's all I can say! Great deal indeed, though!
mmmmm :3_chubby: Hope you like them; I thoroughly enjoy mine.
I love 'em!
hmm this may be the route i go with my brakes. thanks for posting it up.
No prob! For the price, it's a great way to improve on our heavy cars' braking performance - although they are a few pounds heavier. I didn't weigh them, so I don't know how much.
you did an excellent job! +1 for good work and for owning a beautiful tib (from what i can see lol)
Thank you and thank you!:3_chubby:
WOW those look really cool. I need to do this. Is there a big difference in stopping power? I know that we have single pistons and the XG350 or duals but how many feet do you think you stop faster?
If I had a Gtech or something, I definitely would have before and after 60-0 times, but alas, I don't. There's not a huge difference, but it is noticeable. My experience may be different than someone who has a different rotor/pad combo. I'm not throwing my wife through the windshield at stop signs or anything like that, but it does haul me down more quickly from 'speed'. ;) They feel mostly the same around town.

Thanks for all the comments!

-BRR

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks great, do you think they will fit behind 16s?
I think they fit behind 16's OK. They don't fit behing my 15" rota drag wheels though....:(

I'd do a quick search here to confirm .

-BRR

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think they fit behind 16's OK. They don't fit behing my 15" rota drag wheels though....:(

I'd do a quick search here to confirm .

-BRR
Whats the year span for the xg350 calipers???
2004 works what other years do/???

whats the link for silverstone? and r u asking for rotors for an xg350 when u contact them???

·
Registered
579 Posts
any XG should work...but i would go with an 02-05...they are super heavy.

the xd guys do this as well. but we have about an inch less rotor to begin with...so going to a 12" rotor with those calipers make a HUGE difference...but they are heavy as all get up!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts