Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when u swap to the xg350 rotors do i just take the stock rotor dust cover off? and not put anything there? or do i need to make sure i get rotor shield for xg 350 from junkyard? does it matter???

also? only screws hold the rotor in place??? i dont have to remove the axle nuts, bearings and such?

thx!!! will be doing swap next weekend...

·
Registered
330 Posts
when u swap to the xg350 rotors do i just take the stock rotor dust cover off? and not put anything there? or do i need to make sure i get rotor shield for xg 350 from junkyard? does it matter???

also? only screws hold the rotor in place??? i dont have to remove the axle nuts, bearings and such?

thx!!! will be doing swap next weekend...
You cant use xg350 rotors with stock Tiburon calipers, i hope you've already taken this into consideration.
You only need to cut the cover or trim it to make room for the caliper. Getting an XG350 cover would be even better cos it'll surround the whole brake part area.
If youve never taken your rotors off before, get an impact screw driver and loosen those two little screws, dont need those when u put new rotors on cos the rim
will keep the rotor in place/

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You only need to cut the cover or trim it to make room for the caliper. Getting an XG350 cover would be even better cos it'll surround the whole brake part area.
thx but do u think it will be fine with out the real xg350 cover?

·
Registered
741 Posts
If youve never taken your rotors off before, get an impact screw driver and loosen those two little screws, dont need those when u put new rotors on cos the rim
will keep the rotor in place
/
That doesn't sound a good idea to me at all...

·
Registered
330 Posts
That doesn't sound a good idea to me at all...
Dealers do this too, in most cases the head of the screw will break off, leaving the shaft lodged in the hub in which they'll grind it down flush with the hub. dont worry its not like the rotors gonna fall off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts