Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wired up my xm radio in my car to the back of my headunit using a monster rca to mini stereo adapter. The problem is i can't seem to get my sub to work while i have the adapter in. It only hits while i'm playing a cd. Is there any way to get the xm radio to work with my sub? Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
apslk24 said:
I just wired up my xm radio in my car to the back of my headunit using a monster rca to mini stereo adapter. The problem is i can't seem to get my sub to work while i have the adapter in. It only hits while i'm playing a cd. Is there any way to get the xm radio to work with my sub? Thanks for the help guys
Oh yeah and i have an after market sony headunit

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do you have to unplug your adaptor to get your sub to work?

·
Registered
383 Posts
What port are the plugging your cable into? is the the sub RCA port or did you buy an aux cable (this would adapt the CD changer port to AUX inputs.)?

·
Banned
257 Posts
If your hu does not have a aux output then you would have to hook it to the sub out which is probly what your doing and that is the reason you cant have them both

·
Banned
257 Posts
Just give me a call bro or bring it over ill get it goin for ya

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are using an RCA hook up into an audio in port in the back of the headunit it could be a number of problems.

If you have a window mount unit you should consider an XM direct adapter. I goes in between your antenna and your head unit and plugs into the back of the XM mount. Instead of using FM frequencies it interupts your antenna and puts the XM sound into your radio.

The way it sounds like you have it wired is probably just a connection not fully touching. headphone jacks aren't the most reliable about having great connections. Look in to XM direct kit or use the FM frequency.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts