Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I finally bought my clutch stage 3.
Well I got my car two days ago with this installed.
Is true that I can "fly" with this istalled just burning the road!
But the problem is that I don't know if and how regulate it.

They claims stage 3 is very easy to deal with in the traffic but the smooth engagement isn't so smooth!!! I m getting crazy being carefull to dose gas and clutch. When I engage it (1 speed) my car vibrate very hard (like ya know a sort of da da da da da da dum) .

They also claims that the clutch will be good after 500miles.

Now, I don't know if is something that I can adjust using some sort of regulation or It will disappear after 500miles.

The smooth engagement is a must if you want to survive in the city traffic!!!

Another idea is that probably adding a light flywheel it will be easier to engage it than a stock one mounted now.

Any ideas???

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
so u just replaced clutch and not flywheel? i would definitly replace flywheel, u r gonna just burn it up

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05Tib said:
so u just replaced clutch and not flywheel? i would definitly replace flywheel, u r gonna just burn it up
what do you mean that I will burn my clutch? and if I replace it will I eliminate this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the reply of seller:

this stage 3 clutch kit may chatter because of 6 puck ceramic disc,that's common.
if you want to get chatter free clutch,you need to change clutch disc with full facing or stock OEM disc.
you don't need to change the flywheel.
clutch chatter is nothing related with flywheel.

Im goin to get a stage 1 instead I don't want to get crazy!

Alex

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Well first, you're gonna have a little bit of chatter due to the fact the clutch is not a dampened clutch, the second thing is , I cant beleive you didnt get a new flywheel(aluminum). I drive all day with a stage 3 clutch and I dont have the chatter concern you're having. If you're not gonna do any major hp mods than ya dont need more than a stg2 clutch, that'll hold up to 250whp without any problems . But ya really need to get rid of the stock Flywheel , the thing is serious piece of roadkill.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FstrTib said:
Well first, you're gonna have a little bit of chatter due to the fact the clutch is not a dampened clutch, the second thing is , I cant beleive you didnt get a new flywheel(aluminum). I drive all day with a stage 3 clutch and I dont have the chatter concern you're having. If you're not gonna do any major hp mods than ya dont need more than a stg2 clutch, that'll hold up to 250whp without any problems . But ya really need to get rid of the stock Flywheel , the thing is serious piece of roadkill.
I don't know if your "chatting" means the problem to have a smooth engagement (from neutral to first speed or using a reverse) seems like if the engine is near to switch off itself and you have to dose gas and clutch pression very carefully and with higher rpm but doing that (I have a aftermarket headers, decat and exhaust as well as air intake) is very problematic to avoid police curiosity earing the hard sound of my car....I hope changing my flywheel will solve or I m thinking a stage 2 like you said. Probably it will be easier...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts