Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Infinity KAPPA 50.7CS - 5-1/4" two-way component system

Infinity KAPPA 693.7I - 6" x 9" three-way loudspeaker

Yipee! Can't wait to get these in ... next up is my head unit ... definitely need to get a new one ... but that is gonna be something that takes a lot more research than the speakers ...

Anyways - just thought I would post it here ... lol

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
wow those really are nice. the kappas are my favorite too. i might save you some research on a cd player if your interested. try to find something that plays dvd mp3's its pretty amazing to have up to 1000 songs on one disc. check out the jvc kd-avx2 thats what i have :3_nosthum

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't installed them yet - still waiting to receive the front speakers ...

I'm a dumba$$ though - the rear speakers are 2 ohm speakers and the fronts are 4 ohm (like they should be) ... so either I need to return the rears and get 4 ohm rears or get a 2-channel 2 ohm amp like the Infinity Reference 7521a ...

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

·
Registered
936 Posts
ok ive been doing TONS of research on audio.

basically you should return the coaxials (6x9) and forget about them entirely.

i was lookin to spend 100-150$ on components and 50-100$ on coaxials.. but after lookin around and listening.. i devoted my budget to the components and bought rainbow SLC 265.

and depending on your amp there's a guy selling CDT HD-62 for 220$ shipped. that would blow away the infinity system in midbass and sound quality.

but if you still want coaxials in the back.. run them off the headunit and keep the wattage from your external amp on the components...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's what i'll be installing this weekend:

JL XR650-csi component set

JL TR690-txi rears

JL 300/4 amp (for the speakers)

Infinity Basslink

Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

We'll see what ends up happening this weekend....A lot of wiring and tearing apart todo....stay tuned :3_slapen:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very nice!!!! Is it just me or does that crossove look like an angry owl? That thing looks cool!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice!!!! Is it just me or does that crossove look like an angry owl? That thing looks cool!!
LOL - yes, I suppose it does ... :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok - so it turns out I'm a little stupid ... I was doing a little more research this morning ... the components that I have are 2-ohm also ... which works out for me I guess ... now I just need to get a good 4-channel 2-ohm amp ...

I've been out of the car audio scene for so long ... are there any suggestions on which I should get?

Thanks!

Here's the stats on my speakers:
Fronts:
MSRP U.S. $: 329.95
Power Handling, RMS: 85 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 255 Watts
Sensitivity: 94dB
Frequency Response: 55Hz - 25kHz
Mounting Depth: 2-1/16"
Impedance: 2 Ohms

Rears:
MSRP U.S. $: 269.95
Power Handling, RMS: 110 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 330 Watts
Sensitivity: 95dB
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 25kHz
Mounting Depth: 3-3/16"
Impedance: 2 Ohms

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump ... anyone?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone here has to have some suggestions ... anyone?

·
Registered
53 Posts
JL 300/4 amp It has an internal adaptive power supply that automtically adjusts to the correct ohms

"This amp has been praised, criticized, heralded, demonized...the subject of much debate to say the least. In case you missed it, this thing is supposed to make 75 watts x 4 into 4 ohms, 3 ohms, or 2 ohms."

·
Registered
25 Posts
most any newer amp will take the 2 ohm speakers. just make sure the amplifier says it is 2 ohm stable. as for which one you need thats all up to how much your willing to spend. you get what you pay for and quality amplifiers arent cheap. I think MTX is one of the best for the money. but if you really want to get the best out of those speakers you should go with something like diamond or ark or rainbow. I personaly used all kenwood excelon in my tib, I love their electronics but I think I should have went with another speaker manufacturer. I might get JL speakers in the future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
by the way you do know that the front speakers are a 6.5 size, don't you?

·
Registered
936 Posts
the front door slot is 6.75 actually ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts