Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Yaya Bushing Kit Install

DIY: 
8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  h8isgr8 
#1 · (Edited)
Installation of Yaya bushing kit for GK Tiburon.

In the package :

Parts concerned :

Note : the bushings for rear control arms are too small for the Ingalls Smart Arms.

Tools :
- Hydraulic press (mine is a 6T),
- Sockets 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, normal and long,
- long ratchet (for stuck bolts),
- WD40 (for stuck bolts and for lubbing the bushings before pressing them in),
- Dremel or circular saw,
- Hand saw,
- Hammer,
- Flat screwdriver or small chisel,
- jack, jackstands…
My 6T press, bought for 60€ new on ebay.

How to :
First, remove all the parts that include the bushings. You can't do the install with them still on the car.
For the rear, you'll have to remove the trailing arms, control arms and knuckle. That implies to remove other stuff such as brake calipers, brake discs, abs sensor, coilover.
For the front, you'll have to remove the front control arms, by separating it from the subframe and knuckle.
No difficulty here, and usual tools : 12, 14, 17 and 19 sockets will be necessary. If it's your first time, take your time, you'll figure how to remove the bolts easily, use as long a ratchet as possible to get more strenght on the bolts.

Here you can see the rear knuckle, with all the concerned bushings :

Here i droped the trailing arm, and the control arms are still held by the other side. You can also see the bushing on the knucke.

For the front, the front control arms are the parts in the middle on that picture :

Knucles are still attached on the pic, but better to remove them, it'll be easier to handle them under the press.

Once the parts are out, you'll have to remove the oem bushings.

Front control arm bushings :

Remove the rubber center with either the press or a hand saw.
You'll then have to remove the metal tube pressed inside. Use the hand saw as shown below to cut the metal tube two times. Don't go to deep, you don't want to cut the external tube.

You'll then use your flat screwdriver or chisel, along with a hammer, to punch out the metal bit located between the two cuts. It'll weaken the metal tube so you can remove it easily.

Now the hardest part ; installing the new bushing in the front control arm. Use the press with tons of lube, check the alignement of the bushing frequently and stop to reset it correctly when necessary, be patient... I failed multiple times, with the bushing bouncing violently out, before succeeding. A good thing is there's only two of them !

Trailing arms, rear knucle and control arms bushings
Piece of cake !
Remove the rubber lips with the circular saw, then use the press to pop the oem bushings out. No inner metal tube this time !

Good news, the new bushings don't require the press to be installed. They fit easily just by hand pressure.

Same process for knuckles :

And same for rear control arms. I tried on an oem control arm just out of curiosity. But i have Ingalls control arms, bigger than oem, and the Yaya bushings don't fit, they are too small.

No difficulty at all for the front and rear stabilizer bars bushings. Remove the bolts, remove the bushing, place the new one. Those bushings are meant for oem bars. If you have bigger bars, use the dremel to enlarge the new bushings.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Bushing kit install

Can you still get this bushing kit? If so where? Ive been looking for these for my car.
Kspec shop on ebay. Search with 'tiburon bushing'. The add says for 2.0L only but it fits the 2.7 too, same chassis. Received in 10 days in France.

Nice pictures and great details on the kit/methods. +rep
Thanks, greatly appreciated :)

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.