Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well back in the day I had myself a tib, seems like so long ago and I thought I was done with the project cars but here I am again. I'm a lexus tech so it seemed fitting to get a lexus. so heres the new project 97 sc400. I'm looking forward to stretching the 1uz-fe motors limits. first things on the list, coilovers and ls400 brakes. but anyway, heres the old tib, I miss the crap out of it, it was so clean :( and then heres the new project. sorry for the lack of pics, ive been really busy.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
where at in georgia are you? nice lookin car

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thats a nice looking lexus. good luck with it and be sure to post pics of the progress!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Your old Tib looked great man, I remember seeing pictures of it a long time ago.

That Lexus is awesome though. Seriously, if I buy another coupe in the future it might be one of those. I've always loved them.

Keep us updated on the build!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Really an sc400? Are you keeping the v8 in it? I looked at the aftermarket for that engine (the v8 model) and I did not see hardly anything for it aftermarket wise. I've seen a lot of sc300 with 2jz swaps sexy :3_chubby:.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
2jz swaps are not easily done when you have obd2 and emissions to deal with haha. theres tons of support from the aussies when it comes to the v8. not as much as the 2jz community but the 1uz is catching fans now as well, it still a bulletproof toyota motor, cast iron block and all that stuff. right now Im just trying to bring it up to un neglected status. the starter got stuck this morning so now I have to do that, and a couple tires on the rear tonight, alignment, refinish the headlights and foglights, figure out the crap job of wiring that the old owner had done to the stereo, replace the old cigarette lighter with a power adapter, and figure out which idler is making all the noise under the hood. good thing I work for lexus right? oh and yellowwasabi, I sold the infiniti. thank god lol, the gas mileage was killing me.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That SC 400 looks super clean man, how much u got her for?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts