Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to add a small shot, I'm going with the zex 82021 wet kit and planning on running a 50 wet shot for now. Will I have to worry about retarding timing or watching my FPR with such a small shot? I plan on just getting the wet kit and a window switch for now, then adding a heater, pressure gauge, and blow down tube in the spring when it's track time. Am I going to be okay spraying now and then for fun during the winter on just that setup ? ( 50 wet shot, stock internals, stock plugs, no FPR, no fuel tuning what-so-ever )

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You should be fine.

Although the stock plug heat range will work, you may have to decrease the plug gap. An afpr is unnecessary, but fuel tuning is. That will be included with the zex kit. The fuel jet tee'd from the fuel line is the source of the extra fuel. See what combos people have successfully used and see how your plugs respond. If you go any higher, you may need to drop to a plug one step colder. Your "internals" can handle it just fine as long as you run the correct jettings to keep the a/f ratio decent.

Since you're spraying in Philly in the winter, keep an eye on bottle pressure. Keep it at or above 1000psi minimum, but the weather is going to be an issue without a heater, or at least a bottle blanket.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You're gonna be in freezing weather. You need a bottle warmer... or the effect of the shot will be minimal... www.dynotunenitrous.com they have a fully adjustable automatic bottle warmer... $100 I believe...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, sorry I wasn't clear but the reasons I wasn't going to get a bottle heater were these:

1.) i'm not going to be spraying often or storing the bottle on my car

2.) i'm buying the zex racers kit with the gauge, heater, and blow down tube in the spring before track time

·
Registered
486 Posts
i say you're fine up to a 75 shot, but be sure to get new plugs! depending on how much you spray, you'll have to change them often too...
some people say a 100 wet shot is fine with just plugs (no timing retard- besides the "retarding" effect of the plugs, no fuel pump upgrades)... I'm going to have 55 shot, but i'll probably switch in the 75 shot jettings if i need it :3_chubby:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmm a 50 shot isnt bad. When i was running mine i made sure to check my plugs regulary. I used NGK's. If your not planning on getting everything right away dont use it yet. Low bottle pressure will make you run run pig rich.That in turn may fool a plug. Get a heater and pressure guage.Then spray on!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts